My 15 minute bubble cloner

:Namaste:

this is an example of how professionally lazy i can be, this post i mean,,

and the pics i post will prove the point

i am wanting to build a small, two or three clone at a time, bubble cloner,, but have not yet got all the pieces together,, but i bought a new fish tank air pump and some hose and an air stone,, the first pieces of the puzzle,, but no tub or foamies or anything else,, yet

so i plugged the pump to test it and noticed the pitiful amount of air coming out the stone,, told me instantly that my tub need be small

and i have a hundred empty coffee cans around,, mostly made of cardboard,, but air tight to seal the coffee, so,, maybe water tight too???:hmmmm::scratchinghead:

only needs to hold water for ten days or so,, so,, i needed to test the cans,, so i thought,, well, might as well whip a quickie together and test er all,,

so i did

P1160387.JPG

the coffee can sits in the bucket,, for when/if it fails to retain the water

P1160388.JPG

literally 15 minutes from idea to holding a clone

the plug insert is a garden kneely thing, cut out to shape,, i need to darken the lid to keep the light off the roots

this project will not be entered in the monthly contest at 'buildgreatstuff.com',, i assure you

will post back with root pics or will shamedly ignore this post and it will go away,,

cheers, nivek:Namaste:

One item I might point out,, i actually got this point from another site forum while researching bubble cloners,, probably a banishable offence some places,,

The lid to the tub/bucket,, note it is upside down,, so as not to catch on the lip whilst checking etc,, a good point indeed,, cheers,,:Namaste:

no funeral yet, all is good,, :Namaste:

day two..

P1160389.JPG

day three..

P1160395.JPG

day four,,

when it get's here silly,, cheers

We must be at least a little alike, aside from the time it took for me to hit the pet store for an air pump I did the same on a whim not long ago and realized the air pump was too weak. I used one of those little 8oz club soda bottles wrapped in electrical tape in an attempt to funnel the small amount of bubbles toward the stem but I soon grew impatient and questioned its effectiveness so I built a fog cloner a week later. Hopefully that works for you, I always get the best feeling of accomplishment when my tactic was a spur of the moment experiment

ha, thanks for the input,, cheers

a fog cloner,, yes,, the ultimate i am thinking,, i pursued that one,, the fog machine not as readily available as the air pump,, but i may go fog yet,, i will update with pics today,, no roots, no bumps,, black stem tip,, not real confident,, i will be working on version two soon,, two clones at once,, maybe three,, i might even clean the coffee can this time,, ha,,

cheers bro

Back
Top Bottom