Cuttings - Fastest Ever Rooted?

scarylarry

Just wondering some of the ways other people take cuttings, the set up you use to root them, and the avg it takes for your roots to show.

I use rockwool cubes soaked in a small amount of Liquid Karma, Pure Blend Bloom *for the P* and a dash of Aquashield. Mist them twice a day, and do a foilar feeding about 4 days in of just LK.

I'm still adjusting my method but from 2 sets of cuttings ive seen roots coming out within 6-7 days.

So whats your fastest and most stabable method?

Re: Cuttings - Fastest Ever Rooted??

Fastest? The ones I made via the air-layering technique, lol - they were rooted before I cut them free from their mother.

Huh, I don't think I've ever tried to see how fast my cuttings root, but I would rather have them root well than to root quickly.

You really want to make sure that you are getting the roots well-established and doing this quickly seems like a bad idea.

I like your ideas too. This ought to be a good board to watch. I mean, I guess if you can root more quickly - and you can do it well, then why the heck not?

I just got cuts two day ago and they are in rockwool right now I have been misting them when ever they look dry and just wet the rockwool. This is my first time growing from cuts so I hope it works! My RH is 80 and Temp is 75 just in a closet grow setup. kinda just wondering how much time I am looking at before I see roots?

E-Z Cloner, roots guaranteed in as little as five days. or so they say. I am buying one this weekend and will let you know.

I have found the old way (I was growing and cloning before Clonex was invented) placing cuttings rolled in rooting hormone into Rockwool cubes pre soaked and ph'd in a humidity dome can take forever especially compared to commercial and DIY cloning machines. IMHO

+Rep :nicethread:

I guess in other words mine wont make it then. lol I have two cut in Rockwool in a cup with a lid on top of the rockwool. haha trying to get by with no money, I need to pay rent before I spend any more

Huh, I don't think I've ever tried to see how fast my cuttings root, but I would rather have them root well than to root quickly.

You really want to make sure that you are getting the roots well-established and doing this quickly seems like a bad idea.

I like your ideas too. This ought to be a good board to watch. I mean, I guess if you can root more quickly - and you can do it well, then why the heck not?

I guess i kind of worded that wrong. I'm a fan of quality over quantity. I'd be more then happy to give them all the time they need to make good roots. I really was just seeing about the avg time people have got their cuttings to root in. So far I've seemed to have a pretty good method down...considering my 1st set took over 3 weeks to root, haha and these are showing nice roots in 6 days now :slide:

I guess i kind of worded that wrong. I'm a fan of quality over quantity. I'd be more then happy to give them all the time they need to make good roots. I really was just seeing about the avg time people have got their cuttings to root in. So far I've seemed to have a pretty good method down...considering my 1st set took over 3 weeks to root, haha and these are showing nice roots in 6 days now :slide:

sup scary, i have a clone bucket its just like a clone machine and i get roots in as little as 5 days, now what your talking about quality over quantity it all matters about the cutting you take from your mother if you take a scrawny little cutting your gonna wait a while for the ugly duckling to become a swan, now if you take healthy cuttings from the mother those bitches will be ready for the dance in no time and your wait time is not as long.
l8ter rnwy29erclr

Here are a few pics of 7 days in....

Image09252010122407.jpg

Image09252010122341.jpg

I'm stoked seeing how my last time took over 3 weeks to root

What did you use this time? I have had mine for 4 days now and I haven’t really moved them because I don’t want to bother the processes but I am hoping when I do look they look like that.

What did you use this time? I have had mine for 4 days now and I haven't really moved them because I don't want to bother the processes but I am hoping when I do look they look like that.

I use the Botanicare Nute Line, for the cuttings i flushed the rockwool with a dash of Liquid Karma, Pure Blend Pro Bloom, Aquashield, and a little bit of Hygrozyme just for good habits. 2 Days in i gave them a Foliar feeding of Liquid Karma and Pure Blend Pro Grow. Then just misted them with RO water 2 times a day.

Keep in mind that I also scraped the outside of the stem to reveal some softer tissue, and then split the stem down the middle with a razor blade and soaked them in Hormex to allow more surface area for root.

The temp in the room never gets below 76, and never above 84. humidity stays around 40-50% and for the cuttings i keep them in a dome....Hope that helps, but keep in mind this is only my 3rd time taking cuttings, so i'm just doin a good bit of experiments :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom