Da Buddha Vaporizer - Loose Heater Cover

Mister Misty

I LOVE my DBV. But after about 2 months of usage, the heater cover comes loose a bit too easily. I know it is supposed to come off for xcleaning, etc. But the weight of the wand at times dislodges the heater cover from its perch, which can disastrously dislodge the wand and risks cracking the ceramic heater. Anyone else have/solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Da Buddha Vaporizer -- Loose Heater Cover

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was the heater cover that needed to be replaced because of wear and tear but it's still loose after I've purchased a new heater cover. Any ideas on how to fix?

I think I have it, loogu. Bear with me.

When you remove the heater cover, there is a metal cylinder that jets out form the bottom. The part of the metal that jets out from the glass fits into the base, surrounding the ceramic heating coil. You can slide the meta piece further into the glass heater cover, or pull it fuller it further out from the glass heater cover.

Using pliers, I pulled the metal cylinder all the way out, disconnecting it from the glass. There are actually 2 metal pieces, once cylinder inside the other. I pulled it all apart, then put it all back together, leaving about a 1/3 of an inch or so of metal jetting from the glass heater cover. After I put it back together, it was much more stable. Still not perfect, but perhaps with more mechanical tinkering, I'll get it so that I am not afraid of breaking the ceramic.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom