Damp Rid, Boveda Packs

Joro57

With my first harvest within sight... I was curious if anyone has used/comments on the product Damp Rid in the drying room?
As well, during the "cure", about the humidipaks by Boveda (4g./8g. 62% RH stabilizers)?
No need to "burp"?

No idea about the Damp Rid in the drying room itself.

I was under the impression that the burping was to exchange air in the jars. And that using the jars was an easier way to control the humidity during curing. A lot easier than trying to control the humidity in an entire room though they do cure tobacco by hanging the leaves in large barns for a month or so.

I use the packs to help store the weed. They’ll adjust RH within a few degrees. I don’t burp. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you shouldn’t. I do access the jars now and then for smoking and inspecting.

With my first harvest within sight... I was curious if anyone has used/comments on the product Damp Rid in the drying room?
As well, during the "cure", about the humidipaks by Boveda (4g./8g. 62% RH stabilizers)?
No need to "burp"?
Save your money on the damp rid.

Use the boveda pack for long term STORAGE. Dry and cure without them.

You can use the boveda packs for the curing part but I'm finding the flavors are best when I cure without them. My drying room is perfect for drying cannabis plants so when they are finished drying all I do it let the trimmed buds sit in jars with lids on for curing and open the lids for an hour or so every day. Sometimes I pour the buds out into a cardboard box just to air them a bit while curing. Keeps them from sticking together in the jar.

Then after a week or so I add the Boveda 62% packs to the containers.

The buds are ready for puffage at this point.

I do however indulge in "freshies" from time to time which is pretty much when ever I have fresh weed in hand. I prefer the fresh but the high in some cases isn't as intense with the fresh.... but thats ok with me. Fresh is best.

Back
Top Bottom