fineas

I need some advice about pollinated flowers.
Here are the stats of the grow thus far.
HP grow E&F garden
2clones from a previous all female grow. 2 grown from seed .About 6 weeks ago one of the seed plants turned out to be a male. I removed him and went to the compost pile. Mostly indy strains. Now I am at 48 days of 12/12 and the flower buds are big and strong and full of frosty snow .(I think maybe the strain was an ice/NL But I am not sure.) I was going to harvest them in a week or 2 maybe.
Heres the rub, I noticed in those big beautiful fat buds have seed pods, Hada very small seed inside that is white. Very tiney compared to the size of the pos which is smal too. I cannot post a photo because iots from my cell phone and not too good w/ closeup shots.
Damn they are beautiful sticky resinous buds,.
My thought was to harvest now after a few days of clearex. I do not need new seeds and I am hoping not to lose potency of the plants because of enerygy into seed production.
WHats your advice my friends?

BTW sorry for the typos
noticed the seed pods 2 days ago. I will try a photo from the cell. This is my 2nd HP grow.

Hi river rat, I know that it cannot be reveresed. I just want to harvest at the best time in this situation. I will try to post a photo albeit maybe not great quality pic.

full

full

full

full

Hey Fineas,

Same thing happened on my first grow due to a hermaphrodite, needless to say I was pissed! Also very frosty and sticky.. Either way now, I'd let the plants ripen to full maturity and you get what you get. If you get lucky, you may not have too many since you pulled the male quickly. Did you notice any of your plants that may have gone hermi?

Peace,

Farmer Rich

No Farmer Rich, I just noticed the buds having little pod like formations a few days ago. Otherwise I have seen the flowering buds and thought they were nice and fat and full but not hermie features (that I have only seen in photos)

Thanks Farmer, River rat for your help. I may have jumped the gun a bit but this is my 2nd hydro and I had to end the first one quickly because of a thrip problem. I have that under control now, and maybe they were flowers in bloom only I see the pods from the bottom and it looks like a seed. I have looked at the girls with a scope and the trichomes ore milky and some amber. I have them in clearex every 6 hr flush, continuing 12/12. What length of time more than 4 days should I do this before harvest? Dang the plant is pretty.. I guess it must be a mature budding plant that I am seeing for the first time in my life That I had something to do with. You just notice alot more on your own plnats, I think. DO you guys do the 24 hr all dark cycle just before harvest?

Back
Top Bottom