12/12 From Seed

Chester001

Hey y'all ... I have some question about growing 12/12 from seed I'm hoping someone can help me with ...

1. Does this allow the plant to finish earlier ...
If so about how long ?

2. Will this limit the height of most plants ?

3. Are there any types of photos that 12/12 from seed would not work with ...

Any advice you care to share about 12/12 from seed ....

I generally grow autos due to their faster finish times and generally shorter heights ....

Thanks for any and all input .... :thumb:

Never tried growing 12/12 from seed. I use 18/6 from seed. When the plants get as tall as you want them, then switch to 12/12. Remember though the plants will increase in size during flowering, some as much as doubling in size (100% sativa can). Just harvested a Dr. Grinspoon (100% sativa) that stayed under 5 feet at harvest. Only drawback was the other strains didn`t get as tall as I would have normally vegged them to. Very happy with the overall harvest. Hope this sheds a little light on the subject for you.

Hey y'all ... I have some question about growing 12/12 from seed I'm hoping someone can help me with ...

1. Does this allow the plant to finish earlier ...
If so about how long ?

Any advice you care to share about 12/12 from seed ....

I generally grow autos due to their faster finish times and generally shorter heights ....

Thanks for any and all input .... :thumb:

1. Does this allow the plant to finish earlier ... If so about how long ?

Yes, and the time savings depends on the genetics of the strain. Sativa doms, with a flowering period of 10 weeks or longer, will take longer to begin flowering, while indica doms will go into flower much more quickly. As an example, I have a Hawaiian Snow with an estimated flowering period of 14 weeks. I put it under 12/12 at just two weeks old, and it took 5 more weeks to even start flowering. An indica would have flowered within 2 weeks. Both types will finish faster - you're eliminating the veg time.

Absolutely. Indicas will be tiny - like 18 inches - and won't produce much of a yield. But for many sativas, 12/12 from seed is about the only way to keep them short enough to grow indoors.

See previous answer. I wouldn't advise running most indicas 12/12 from seed. Look for estimated height in strain descriptions. 12/12 will work best with strains that grow tall.

Otherwise, 12/12 from seed is a well-established practice - some of the finest cannabis is grown that way. It would work well with autos if the photos are sativa dominant.
:thumb:

Graytail,
Good informative post. Kept my Dr. Grinspoon under control by topping or fimming her several times. Vegged for 9 weeks, flowered for 10 1/2 weeks.

Graytail,
Good informative post. Kept my Dr. Grinspoon under control by topping or fimming her several times. Vegged for 9 weeks, flowered for 10 1/2 weeks.

You vegged a Dr Grinspoon for 9 weeks? Sheesh. How tall did she finish? Or I suppose also, what was her dried weight? She musta been a bigun.

You vegged a Dr Grinspoon for 9 weeks? Sheesh. How tall did she finish? Or I suppose also, what was her dried weight? She musta been a bigun.

That`s 9 weeks from when she poked her head out of the dirt. She finished under 5 feet and is drying as we speak. Didn`t do a journal on this grow, do have pictures on the "Over Fifty" thread in the "Growers Lounge" in the "Grow Room". She almost hit my height limit.

That`s 9 weeks from when she poked her head out of the dirt. She finished under 5 feet and is drying as we speak. Didn`t do a journal on this grow, do have pictures on the "Over Fifty" thread in the "Growers Lounge" in the "Grow Room". She almost hit my height limit.

I'll have to take a look! Graytail craves him some Grinspoon. I'm going to start another 14 weeker to replace my Hawaiian Snow - had my heart set on a Zamaldelica, but we'll see after I take a look at yours.

(sorry 'bout junking up your thread, Chester)

Back
Top Bottom