DEA Busts Fort Bragg Co-op

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Ft Bragg farm of the MendoHealing Cooperative was raided Wednesday February 11 by a dozen agents led by the USDEA. The raid is a direct blow to the concept that cooperatives are the answer to legal cultivation under Prop 215 in the post-Mentch era and the new Obama administration.

The raiders arrived mid-morning and smashed doors, broke locks and trashed private belongings.

Arrested were operators David Moore, 55 of San Francisco and Jean Marie Todd, 52 of Fort Bragg along with three employees. The pair admits they had about 700 plants plus clones, the product destined for a dispensary in Los Angeles with 600 patients.

Moore and Todd were released the same day on bail. They were told they would be charged with cultivation for sale.

Moore owns the land. He is on federal probation in connection with a previous conviction for cultivation for sale.

His partner, Jean Marie Todd, formed the cooperative several months ago. She says she took care to conform with state guidelines, informed local law enforcement of the cooperative's presence, and asked whether it was legal, but never heard back from them.

Moore was preoccupied with "doing it right," and had hired a lawyer who wrote the text on California co-op law to help him restructure MendoHealing.

On the way to jail Jean Marie commented, "I thought Obama had called off these raids." A deputy responded, "We haven't gotten the message.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Mendocino Country Webpages
Copyright: 2009 Mendocino Country Webpages

I hope that crack about not getting the message filters its way back to Obama. Maybe if he get's mad we'll get more than a public statement of intention and some freakin action will start happening

Hard to function as a supervisor if your employees openly mock that they're ignoring your instructions/orders.

Lot's of places going out of business these days, maybe the DEA could be one of them?

thats cali for ya the feds are all over the coops there.
it seems that the coops are getting the main heat from the feds most likely due to the fact that they make cash and that just pisses leo off something fierce.
amd on a side note its not the smartest move to be growing and running a despensary when you are on probation for doing just that.
i hope the feds do back off but doubt they will obama or not.

The DEA is nothing more than a bureaucracy trying to keep its power and budget flowing.
They have to spend the money to get more.
Raiding harmless co-ops is an easy way to do that.
They will continue to do so until action is taken and they are forced to quit.
The best way to do this is to threaten their budget.
But, it is true Obama certainly has his hands full.

That SUCKS..!! My best friend use to visit the co-op up there. He was bummed when i told him. I thought that Obama was going to put a stop to the DEA from raiding 'Harmless' Dispensaries and go after the Harder drug users. Guess not, huh?

:roorrip:

I bet most of these DEA thugs could trace their family tree back to Hi-l-er... Come on President our leaders Obama how about a little help here!!

They were in full compliance of the law of the state. They should file conspiracy charges against the federal government. They are guided by the corporations that would lose the most money if weed were legal. The major pharmaceutical giants would stand to lose an estimated 544 billion a year if weed were legal for all free Americans. When I say free Americans I speak of the way it was meant to be not the way it is...

The Ft Bragg farm of the MendoHealing Cooperative was raided Wednesday February 11 by a dozen agents led by the USDEA. The raid is a direct blow to the concept that cooperatives are the answer to legal cultivation under Prop 215 in the post-Mentch era and the new Obama administration.

The raiders arrived mid-morning and smashed doors, broke locks and trashed private belongings.

Arrested were operators David Moore, 55 of San Francisco and Jean Marie Todd, 52 of Fort Bragg along with three employees. The pair admits they had about 700 plants plus clones, the product destined for a dispensary in Los Angeles with 600 patients.

Moore and Todd were released the same day on bail. They were told they would be charged with cultivation for sale.

Moore owns the land. He is on federal probation in connection with a previous conviction for cultivation for sale.

His partner, Jean Marie Todd, formed the cooperative several months ago. She says she took care to conform with state guidelines, informed local law enforcement of the cooperative's presence, and asked whether it was legal, but never heard back from them.

Moore was preoccupied with "doing it right," and had hired a lawyer who wrote the text on California co-op law to help him restructure MendoHealing.

On the way to jail Jean Marie commented, "I thought Obama had called off these raids." A deputy responded, "We haven't gotten the message.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Mendocino Country Webpages
Copyright: 2009 Mendocino Country Webpages
"On the way to jail Jean Marie commented, "I thought Obama had called off these raids." A deputy responded, "We haven't gotten the message."

In case you haven't noticed, marijuana has been illegal and in prohibition in this county for almost 80 years. How many presidents have been blown through yet weed remains locked 100% illegal?

Anyone thinks this president is gonna do any more than shuffle through 2 terms is out of their mind.

There is a way to get marijuana fully legalized but it ain't gonna be done by the "US government" ever.

They'd much rather cut the buses thus preventing 1000s of children to get to school than to stop blowing billions of dollars prosecuting people for personal use of marijuana.

Think it over.

smokeD (when do I get to meet the 420 girls? :p)

Back
Top Bottom