The Deep Water Culture Home

yesterday my plants only drank a little over a half gallon. 3 qts. maybe, they usually drink a gallon a day, and the ppm yesterday was 1182 (already took out 150 for tapwater), friday was the rez change and my ppm was 1270. could it be because of the rez change? I'm not seeing any yellowing of the tips, or "the claw" except for a few that havent recovered from the light bleaching i think, maybe it is burn though, either way I added back 1 gal 1/2 of regular water now my new ppm is 1142(-140)= 10002 ppm what do you guys think?

Wait a day and see If they go back to drinking a full gallon, then all is well.
Don't increase the food or add any til then.

Okay I got the cabinet set with a 400wtt hps and a DIY cool tube cooling vent to help the keep the heat down a bit, but a more serious venting fan is required here not the 4" a/c duct fan that is in there right now but for now it get's the job done.

The plants are loving it to and they are resoponding to the 400wtt lighting nicely. Check it out.
005278.JPG

You're right, those boosters are weak on the pull of the heat. Inline fans or blowers are of course better but the prices are on the high side. MIght want to try something line this:

Discount Hydroponics - C.A.P. ValuLine Blowers

Or this:

Discount Hydroponics - Dayton Blowers

The 4" variety should be enough. Maybe even a second booster would work but that I'm not sure of.

Exactly the booster fan will not work for the new setup I have planned, and that fan you posted should be good enough to link 2 cool tubes for venting in that new grow 3'x4'x5 tent setup, small space big lighting, good venting an better result's with the grow.

Now all I need is the cash! that's coming this week, the corpaoration I do subcontract work for takes a week to get the check to me for work done an invoiced a week earlier, it is good to have work coming as it is, just would love to get back to custom home theater & automation builds again.

Wait a day and see If they go back to drinking a full gallon, then all is well.
Don't increase the food or add any til then.

I checked them this evening and they drank exactly one full gallon, the ppm was 1210 counting the 150 for tap, so I added 1/2 strength of my nutes to 1 gal of water and topped off the rez. I was running between 1250-1350 ppm before I switched to flower so hopefully it shoots it back into that range, what do you guys think?

Any Deep Water Culture growing an autoflower strain now or recently? I'm curious about trying this for my next grow. If so, any recommended seed vendors?
Thanks,

Any Deep Water Culture growing an autoflower strain now or recently? I'm curious about trying this for my next grow. If so, any recommended seed vendors?
Thanks,

Not sure about anyone else but I am running roadrunner/lowryder autoflower strain, am in 28 days the plant is flowering and as for sex it looks to be female thus for.

Not sure they like us to talk about on the other thing.

I checked them this evening and they drank exactly one full gallon, the ppm was 1210 counting the 150 for tap, so I added 1/2 strength of my nutes to 1 gal of water and topped off the rez. I was running between 1250-1350 ppm before I switched to flower so hopefully it shoots it back into that range, what do you guys think?

I think you're driving it right down the middle of the highway to bud heaven! Once you get a couple of grow under your belt, look out!

Thanks,

im doing a 3 60 days wonders(3 days in today) also have some easyryder but starting them in 3 weeks my first time growing autoflowering so should be fun

Good Morning all
As you know I switched to dirt and to the old members like me to update you, here are 5 plants I harvested with 5 more to go to harvest !
The ones yellowing where showing they where ready for harvest, the last 5 come down next Saturday!
Thanks
G5_Week_11_B.jpg

JB/BK
JBBK_G5_10_3_WEEKS_e.JPG

mini-P1060168.JPG

mini-P1060170.JPG

1885.jpg

2592.jpg

3505.jpg

P1060307.jpg

G5_11_weeks_SJ.jpg

G5_11_weeks.jpg

G5_Bubble_Hash_5_plants.jpg

The Sponsorship check from Stealth Hydro has cleared the bank and the banners will be posted here, when they get re-sized. Stealth Hydro is a proud sponsor here now.
We can now openly talk about them and post their names and tell friends about the 10% Discount for Deep Water Culture.

While I am on the subject, I'd like to ask you to keep the recruiting and promotion of Deep Water Culture here in the DWC/Deep Water Culture forum and not all over the place. We can recruit new Deep Water Culture, but lets keep it near home. We are trying to integrate in with the entire site, and not look like a sore thumb sticking out to the few who are not so fond of us.
Show them
"the love".

PM me with any questions.

Thanx RP, you saved me the trouble of looking, which is great cuz i'm too stoned know or look for anything right now, but I had always heard that they wouldn't clone... hmm... maybe they meant shouldn't clone. Does that mean if you took a clone during veg it would root and still flower at the same time as the donor? This sounds really interesting to me!

No worries.

The idea of autoflower plants was so that clones weren't really needed. You can get seeds to harvest pretty quick.

I think it would start flowering at the same time. Could be odd. Definitely interesting.

Ok, I just got the go ahead to announce that I will be a grandfather! I couldn't be happier. My youngest and his beautuful bride are in love and will make wonderful parents. I've been very blessed with two fine son's and two fine daughter-in-laws. I am and always have been a lucky man!

Congrats my friend! Awesome news! :cheer:

I figure the damage is done what the hell used some clone gel an suck it in a plug, as long as they don't go hermie or something or turn male! and if they grow and autoflower like from the original plant I can't see the harm in it! other than timing an room, so guess we'll see. :smokin:

Yup, harm is done! Will be interesting to see what happens.

Yeah I want to see also! was wondering if you can explain (And you get beans to harvest) meaning small bud's? what's that mean?;)

Sorry, beans = seeds. You start with seeds, and within 60 days or so have a harvest. Cloning autoflowers wouldn't give ya much advantage. But i'd like to see what happens.

ok Deep Water Culture i have 20 bucks and was looking for a scope to view my trichomes. ne suggestions?

The one Doctor Who posted a pic of would be best bet.

30x jewelers loop. or go on ebay and look up 60x microscope and i think you can get it for like 20 or less

I love my jewlers loupe. So useful, but to see trichomes? Not the best. Great for looking at bugs, or getting an idea of trichomes. I also use it on cured bud and hash just for fun. But the scope works better if you really need to get close to the trichomes.

thanks for all the replies guys. the the radioshack one is a no go? how many x is it? why is it bad

Any 60x-100x adjustable scope would be best.

and that is enough to see the trichs?

Jewlers loupe will prove to be pretty hard to be accurate with trichome color.

Here I'll loan you mine Oh" sorry can't! but would if I could, Radio Shack
004288.JPG

GREAT one! I use it too.

Thanks,

A autoflower cross with AK47 would be great. Supposed to deliver a decent yield for autoflower. Diesel Ryder is another poten strain. Won Autoflower cup in 2009. Will be giving auto's a try outdoors this year.

Hey Rose
I only take of a few lower leaves off at the end of veg to increase air flow

Thanks dude! :smokin:

Plants look amazing Major Tom! Outstanding! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom