The Deep Water Culture Home

Hey Mc, My problem over here doesn't seems to be going away, even with the straight water diet. The leaves have not changed at all. How long do you suspect till I see a change?
DSC_001016.JPG

Thing you should know as well is I am feeding a dirt grow with a water pump. Very un-orthadox, on for one minute a day at lights on. The only thing I know is that its dropping the level 1" a day in a 5 gallon bucket. Could I be over watering? Its a self water pot and there is never any water in the bottom of the pot......
Thats all I know, I am getting scared that this lady is taking a bad turn.

It can take a week for it to use the stored up nutes in the leaves. Gotta get those leaves pointing up and not down. With dirt it might be a good idea to let it dry out between waterings. Allows for oxygen to get to the roots. When you do water you need to do it so that water runs to the bottom of those self watering pots. It needs to be moist all the way down for the roots to grow at max. I water my dirt plants about every 3rd day.

Thanx Guido, I do appriciate the advise, I actually did think about breaking out the spray gun and giving them a coat of white paint.
My biggest issue is how to get my rez kewler than my box, my grow box runs at about 77^ so does the rez pretty much, I have a plan, it involves an engine oil cooler and a constant 70^ish channel of air blowing on the other side of the wall, very stealth, I just need to hang the cooler there and plumb the rez to it.

The sterilite 10 gal tubs bleed light through, lid & tub, I know plenty of folks who wrap & don't wrap there black DWC buckets, I'd be more concerned if I were using traditional lighting putting out heat, in that case I would probably wrap them in aluminum tape.
Its done, I've seen many grows than went south because of various smaller light leaks in the rez's creating issues, I need to use a flash light now to see to the bottom of the tub with the lights off or on, I did have some concern the 1st time I checked the rez with the lights on, I could've read a book with the light in there.

Seeds sprouted.

Regards,
John Whorfin

Hey John,
Water temps can be a bitch. But don't freak out. I have 4 Wonder Woman clones in my bubbler waiting for the flower room to empty. What I haven't told anyone is that they are outside (in Florida 90+^ everyday for the last 3 weeks) My roots are white and healthy, roots are growing a little slow but that is okay they are really in a holding pattern. I have been adding H2O2 as a preventative. I am of the opinion (just through my limited experience) that the time you really want to be on top of res temps is while you are flowering.
I chill my tank 3 times a day, twice a day I take out 1 gallon and replace with chilled nutrients and the 3rd time is a replenish. I know everyone is going to say that I am nuts but I have had no problems. Except that I can not put them in direct sun light for longer than 20 minutes at a time or they wilt, in the shade they stand right up. I will post pics of these clones in a bit.
:slide:

Dear Deep Water Culture aficionados,

We're writing to announce that after much discussion and deliberation by the 420 Staff, we've decided we need to disband the Bubble-heads as a sub-group on 420 Magazine.

This said, we want to make it absolutely clear that all are welcome to stay and participate as part of our 420 Magazine family.

We only ask for your support of our decision and that any discussions or venting of disagreement be done via private message.

Our reason for this is primarily the drain on moderation capacity needed to deal with the posts that conflict with our guidelines as well as the drama surrounding -------'s decision to leave the site.

I want to publicly thank ------- for his friendship and for all his past work on the site, (this is the reason we've left his title; to honor his past efforts).

Without access to all the information it may be hard for some to understand the depth of the drama that's been occurring. I won't get into specifics but I will say few things in the hopes that fair minded people will realize they may have only been hearing one side of a story (or in some cases the product of overactive imaginations).

To generalize:

• Recruiting for other communities is not allowed.
  • The moderation team spends it's waking hours removing hookup attempts, banning underage members, and we have zero tolerance for weed or seed trading or selling.
  • There are no protected members here
  • We don't have a 420 UFO at area 51
  • Make friends, follow our guidelines, and enjoy yourselves

So with that said we're now closing this collective thread, removing the "How to be a Bubble-head" thread, and changing the colors. Please feel free to PM me directly if you have any questions; I'll answer them if they don't violate a confidence, and I'll post them in thread so all can see if it's appropriate.

We hope all Deep Water Culture's fans decide to stay and continue to support our Mission but we do respect that some may choose to move on. To those that wish to leave, we wish you peace and prosperity in your future endeavors.

Love and respect to all.

Soniq420 (on behalf of staff)

The Case of the Mysteriously Disappearing Growers

Back
Top Bottom