The Deep Water Culture Home

OH check Amazon for the PH and EC testers. When I asked about Ph meters a while back many people pointed me to them type meters. I wanted the three in one meter as well but with the calibration solutions it does add up.

Morning all, Just trying to get some info on a PH meter . I'm tired of using those liquid testers anyone out there who would recommend a nice PH tester I've read good things about a Milwaukee PH56 ? or maybe an inexpensive Hanna ? Any info ? Thanks guys ...

Hey there, I purchased the cheapest meter I could find on Ebay and it has worked great the whole time. There is a company here that calibrates them for me and they have said both times I have had it done in the last 6 months that it was near perfect. Heres a picture
DSC001092.JPG

Its the yellow one. The blue PPM meter is also great for anyone looking.
:goodluck:

Cool.I've got a question also. When does everyone use their calmag and floraliscious plus?? (That's if you run these additives of course). I'm using GH3 part and I'm in my 2nd wk. Of veg. Only thing in the water now is the micro,grow, and bloom. No additives yet. Thanks ya'll!!

Thanks for all the replys guys damn !! I'm impressed ! I always thought that they were very complicated anda bitch to keep adjusted !? It seems thats not the case , I'm off to find one ...

You can add your cal-mag now if you want to. Do it at 1/2 the recommended dose the first couple of times you use it. Don't know about the floraliscious.

I like the Sunleaves PH expert ph and tds meters. Got mine on e-bay from E-Season. They cost more but I'm on my 4th or 5th grow with them and the only thing I've done is replace the batteries and calibrated using the 7.01 solution.

Got mine on e-bay from E-Season. They cost more but I'm on my 4th or 5th grow with them and the only thing I've done is replace the batteries and calibrated using the 7.01 solution.

E-Season are great and they sold me my Milwaukee PH600 meter and storage solution. Great service and communication from them!

Just remember to store the PH meter in a storage solution so you don't have to keep calibrating it from the electrode drying out.

Hanna TDS-3 ppm meter that I grabbed off Amazon.

So far I am extremely happy with both purchases.

Morning all, Just trying to get some info on a PH meter . I'm tired of using those liquid testers anyone out there who would recommend a nice PH tester I've read good things about a Milwaukee PH56 ? or maybe an inexpensive Hanna ? Any info ? Thanks guys ...

I am using the General Tools PH501 Digital Pocket PH Meter off Amazon.
It comes with:

- Hard Carrying Case
- Calibration Solution
- Calibration Screwdriver
- Storage Solution

For the price I thought it was a great deal and I like it alot. All it does is ph but its very sturdy and the electrode extends.
Good luck in finding one you like.

I think I have a tap root on one of my seeds soaking in a paper towel!!!

DSC030631.JPG

It only took 11 days at 9,107 ft altitude to sprout ;)

:)

ok so is it possible to just chop the buds off of a flowering girl then use her for a clone mom,if so what would be the best way to separate the root ball from the others,i think ive caused enough stress to one girl,i was moving the res out to drain it and the cola top was heavy enough that when the wall that was holding them was gone she bent in half,(shes the one i would like to bonzi)i supported her up but it cracked her side open when she fell)i can see inside the stem)will it heal ? i turned my lights off 4 hours early (would have doneit this morning but i forgot but im chopping tomarrow so ill have alot of pics

Can't use a budding plant part for a clone mother. Got to get them off the plant in veg or certainly in the first week of flower for a good chance at success. They would have to reveg first at that point and that takes a loooong time.

If you are chopping tomorrow you just did an extreme form of torture and healing is not necessary.

Can't use a budding plant part for a clone mother. Got to get them off the plant in veg or certainly in the first week of flower for a good chance at success. They would have to reveg first at that point and that takes a loooong time.

If you are chopping tomorrow you just did an extreme form of torture and healing is not necessary.

well reason being i liked the genetics she showed over the others with the nice thick cola and thick base(she was the runt but shot way above the others)she is going to give the most bud i think,but its ok ill start again from seed next grow

ok so is it possible to just chop the buds off of a flowering girl then use her for a clone mom,if so what would be the best way to separate the root ball from the others,i think ive caused enough stress to one girl,i was moving the res out to drain it and the cola top was heavy enough that when the wall that was holding them was gone she bent in half,(shes the one i would like to bonzi)i supported her up but it cracked her side open when she fell)i can see inside the stem)will it heal ? i turned my lights off 4 hours early (would have doneit this morning but i forgot but im chopping tomarrow so ill have alot of pics

Wanna borrow my trim set?

WildAbby, I have the DR100, love it !! well made etc, believe me if you use all 6 holes in your res it will get CROWDED I've got 2 clones in mine now and it's really crowded !! If you want to use all 6 make sure you start to flower early as otherwise the lack of space will screw up your grow . I'm considering getting another Jardin tent as I have 4 more NLs growing in a closet waiting for my tent to get empty !! I tried to have another grow ready to put into the tent , but my timing was off and the tent grow isn't done and the others are getting to big for my closet !!?? Hope you have better timing ,lol, :peace:

Thank you so much ol hippy. I will make room for the DR100. That tent has 170 mm vents, does that mean it works with 6" fans?

Hey there, I purchased the cheapest meter I could find on Ebay and it has worked great the whole time. There is a company here that calibrates them for me and they have said both times I have had it done in the last 6 months that it was near perfect. Heres a picture
DSC001092.JPG

Its the yellow one. The blue PPM meter is also great for anyone looking.
:goodluck:
Yeah brother I got that same meter, I've seen them from $22.00-$30.00, mine has a Milwaukee 600 logo on it, I've had 2 oaktron-1 meters this one performs 1000% better than those.
Regards,
John Whorfin

That is so true John, Home Depot, Wally its all good. Thanks for the tip on the containers, I will be back in the am with 2 more of those, great idea by the way.

Where can I find what you got going, would really like to watch and compare.
Take care
I might begin a journal here on 420mag, heres some pics, those beans have all sprouted, I had 2 that I replaced & started 1- more of each in the wet paper towel method for back ups.
2- of the strains are fem so I'm thinking of going ahead & flowering those and sexing & cloning the other strains.
What are the opinions on sexing them, I was thinking of putting them in 12/12 from almost the start and then changing to veg when the girls are I.D.'ed to continue to veg & get cuttings.
Thanx Green007 for the follow up, noted!
Here's a few pic's, just a side note- I usually feel a bit timid posting on sites, 420 is different, I feel very comfortable posting up over here, great group of folks @ 420, I hope it never changes.
Whoops!!!!
I don't think I have enough posts to post pic's, I'll just have to come back to it in the future.

Regards,
J.W.
Edit: I guess its not about how many posts, I needed to post in the gallery & link it up.

Deep Water Culture_005.jpg

Deep Water Culture_003.jpg

Deep Water Culture_001.jpg
John Whorfin,

Also don't forget you can wrap the tank in reflective insulation depending on your grow area temps. (Lowes for $10, R6 value) You ideally want to keep the water temp 68-72F to avoid any nasty problems that will eventually affect your ph and plants. Black will absorb the heat but I am only mentioning this if you are running HID lighting.

The even better part of bubbles is that you can start your grow at such stores and as you get comfortable you can piece by piece enhance your setup without a huge up-front cost. Bigger air pump, water chiller for maintaining a steady temp, HID lighting, better exhaust, etc...

It really turns growing into a great hobby with multiple price points depending on your situation. :blunt:
Thanx for the advise Mr.Rose, I did consider the reflective tape, I ended up painting 2 black on the inside and 2 on the outside, for variety.

Regards,
J.W.

I don't like to waste time with the light cycle change. I grow them for 4 or 5 weeks, take some clones of all of them a week before I go 12/12. Send them all to flower and both the males in the tank and their clones get pitched. Give a normal life cycle to the fems in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom