The Deep Water Culture Home

Mc, is that info for me there, water only, I can only suspect you are but I don't wanna make more of a mess of this than I already have.
I have also decided that the ebb and grow system is getting sidelined for the clones from this plant and I am going full on Deep Water Culture for this one. Here is the new stuff I got today
DSC_002315.JPG

I picked up that 802 pump with a header for the air and two new stones to go with the one I have.
Going to work with the 5 gallon rez's this time. One for the plant's(2) to be in and the second 5 gallon to increase rez size for the time I am away. I will connect them at the bottom so they exchange fluid and use my pump to circulate between the two containers.
Thoughts from anyone is greatly appreciated.
:slide:

DWC is the way I am going to try it....... I am going with my 6" pots that I have here already. Thanks for the response MC, I am going to change water now.
I have read on here to keep the water about 1" from the bottom of the nets to start, sound good?
I am pumped to get back to the hydro stuff, dirt is not for me.

Also, does anyone here have any ideas on how to auto raise the lights in a system. I am expecting 1" a day or so from these and need to auto lift the lights while I am away for a week at a time.

Maybe I could side light them and not have to worry as much about growing onto the lights?

1" is my minimum. When they are young yes but as they get older I make it more like 2" to give them some air space for the bigger roots.

Auto raise, no. Sidelighting while you're away, maybe but they are going to grow into those lights too. You could raise the lights higher than normal when you leave to allow for the growth but you'll have really stretched out plants. Sometimes that's good for light penetration.

Good Point MC, I have the height anyway so maybe this time I will let em go and after a bit stretch em out, I am doing alot of LST, Supercrop and Fimming anyways.

Here is what I was up to tonight, my first Deep Water Culture attempt, and yes I will start a new grow, and no the heat blanket is not on, lol
DSC_000128.JPG

New 5 gallon setup with drain, 2 x 6" buckets
DSC_000425.JPG

My number 1, call her Daisy 2
DSC_000526.JPG

Daisy's red headed step child
DSC_000621.JPG

2X 6" air stones
DSC_000820.JPG

Is there such thing as to much air?
DSC_001219.JPG

Get going ladies, get going,lol I can't wait to see how the BP works
I am pumped to be back to hydro, hope you are all good tonight

Mc, is that info for me there, water only, I can only suspect you are but I don't wanna make more of a mess of this than I already have.
I have also decided that the ebb and grow system is getting sidelined for the clones from this plant and I am going full on Deep Water Culture for this one. Here is the new stuff I got today
DSC_002315.JPG

I picked up that 802 pump with a header for the air and two new stones to go with the one I have.
Going to work with the 5 gallon rez's this time. One for the plant's(2) to be in and the second 5 gallon to increase rez size for the time I am away. I will connect them at the bottom so they exchange fluid and use my pump to circulate between the two containers.
Thoughts from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Your doing pretty much what I just finished, the Sterilites let in to much light IMHO, I blacked them out with some black paint, but it was suggested to just double them up and that might block enough light out, just an FYI.
You gonna love this stuff, every week I realize more & more soil was not for me :smokin: but it did teach me a lot.
I got 4 & 6 port plastic manifolds, airstones & sticker thermometers at the .99 cent store and next time I'll just leave my car parked & walk over to the Jr.K-mart & get my tubs, it just cracks me up that you can get everything needed at K-mart or wally world to grow cannabis, you could probably even find nutes that would work at those stores.
Best Regards,
John Whorfin.

That is so true John, Home Depot, Wally its all good. Thanks for the tip on the containers, I will be back in the am with 2 more of those, great idea by the way.

Where can I find what you got going, would really like to watch and compare.
Take care

John Whorfin,

Also don't forget you can wrap the tank in reflective insulation depending on your grow area temps. (Lowes for $10, R6 value) You ideally want to keep the water temp 68-72F to avoid any nasty problems that will eventually affect your ph and plants. Black will absorb the heat but I am only mentioning this if you are running HID lighting.

walk over to the Jr.K-mart & get my tubs, it just cracks me up that you can get everything needed at K-mart or wally world to grow cannabis, you could probably even find nutes that would work at those stores.
Best Regards,
John Whorfin.

The even better part of bubbles is that you can start your grow at such stores and as you get comfortable you can piece by piece enhance your setup without a huge up-front cost. Bigger air pump, water chiller for maintaining a steady temp, HID lighting, better exhaust, etc...

It really turns growing into a great hobby with multiple price points depending on your situation. :blunt:

Mr. Rose, that is exactly what it is for me a great hobby. Obviously I don't need or require this for medication as some do , thank whoever for that one.
I am so happy to sit with my girl and enjoy some time where no one talks back or for that matter realizes I am there. I really look forward to my time with my lady plant.
Lets face it I think the days of going into your front yard and topping your plant are outside our lifespan, but I will say this, I cant wait for the day that the streets are filled with the sweet smell of this plant and everyone takes a moment to sit back and take a toke and realize the power that this weed has. It saves lives and keeps the peace.
Thats all I gotta say bout that , lol

619ster, I lived @ SoCal coast for 2 years and miss everyday that i am not there. You really do live in the best place on earth.
I just wanted to touch base with you and see if you are keeping an eye on that vote in November?
Lets all cross our fingers that Cali leads the way in the un-prohabition of weed. We all know its safe, fun and friendly. Peace my friends

Oh I can't wait to see what happens in November. Should be very interesting where it leads.

And yes I love southern Cali! No other place I would ever want to live. A bit pricey, but I was born n raised here so I have learned to overcome. Only place I can say I would consider a second home in is Cancun. Woot woot!! Love that place. Plus I have family that lives an hour away in Merida. Still in Yucatan peninsula.

I hope this is the right place to post this. I would appreciate some input on the best tent size for Stealth Hydro Deep Water Culture with LED and/or CFL lighting. The Deep Water Culture 6-planter kit measures:
Length: 20.5 inches
Width: 14.125 inches
Height: 12.5 inches

I'm open to all suggestions but I've heard good things about Secret Jardin tents. What do you think about these two:

Model: DR80
Length: 31.5"
Width: 31.5"
Height: 63"
Side Doors: 0
Extraction: 130 mm
Intraction: 130 mm
CoolTube: 0

Model: DR100
Length: 39.5"
Width: 39.5"
Height: 72"
Side Doors: 2
Extraction: 170 mm
Intraction: 170 mm
CoolTube: 2 (170 mm)

The smaller one DR80 would be easier to fit in my current situation. But if the extra height and size of the DR100 would be a big benefit, I will figure out someplace to put it. Is the DR100 overkill for a single Deep Water Culture 6-planter kit, or is it a much better choice? I imagine the side doors could be useful.

knock at the door... I answer, it's the County Sherrif (not one of the deputy's, but the head cheese)

I grew up in the late 60's early 70's, so naturally for a moment I panic, but I'm legal

it was a social call, to see if we would hang a campaign / re-election sign on our fence

we had a nice visit, some coffee and the wife had an apple pie just out of the oven

gotta love small town living :)

Should of wiped out the brownies haha he would of left with a massive smile to say the least.

I hope this is the right place to post this. I would appreciate some input on the best tent size for Stealth Hydro Deep Water Culture with LED and/or CFL lighting. The Deep Water Culture 6-planter kit measures:
Length: 20.5 inches
Width: 14.125 inches
Height: 12.5 inches

I'm open to all suggestions but I've heard good things about Secret Jardin tents. What do you think about these two:

Model: DR80
Length: 31.5"
Width: 31.5"
Height: 63"
Side Doors: 0
Extraction: 130 mm
Intraction: 130 mm
CoolTube: 0

Model: DR100
Length: 39.5"
Width: 39.5"
Height: 72"
Side Doors: 2
Extraction: 170 mm
Intraction: 170 mm
CoolTube: 2 (170 mm)

The smaller one DR80 would be easier to fit in my current situation. But if the extra height and size of the DR100 would be a big benefit, I will figure out someplace to put it. Is the DR100 overkill for a single Deep Water Culture 6-planter kit, or is it a much better choice? I imagine the side doors could be useful.

WildAbby, I have the DR100, love it !! well made etc, believe me if you use all 6 holes in your res it will get CROWDED I've got 2 clones in mine now and it's really crowded !! If you want to use all 6 make sure you start to flower early as otherwise the lack of space will screw up your grow . I'm considering getting another Jardin tent as I have 4 more NLs growing in a closet waiting for my tent to get empty !! I tried to have another grow ready to put into the tent , but my timing was off and the tent grow isn't done and the others are getting to big for my closet !!?? Hope you have better timing ,lol, :peace:

Morning all, Just trying to get some info on a PH meter . I'm tired of using those liquid testers anyone out there who would recommend a nice PH tester I've read good things about a Milwaukee PH56 ? or maybe an inexpensive Hanna ? Any info ? Thanks guys ...

Hey guys,
ive been struggling with my few seedlings. Its been about week and a half and they havent developed strong roots yet. But two of them have the first set of two leaves but very small. When should I start the 1/4 nutes? Wait a little longer til the leaves are bigger?

Pics:

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_43731.jpg

Hey sojolove, you should go ahead and give them the 1st 1/4 dose of nutes, both plants are already showing your 2nd set of TRUE LEAVES. The 1st 2 round leaves that emerge are called the cotyledons (basically the inside of the seed) and the other 4 in your pics are your true leaves. Once you start to see the 2nd set of true leaves then its time for their 1st meal. Pay close attention to how they react to the nutes, by the way which ones are you using?? Every set of leaves thereafter (maybe a day or 2 later) add another 1/4 dose, then after 10 days you should drain and replenish your water. Good luck I hope this helps, your plants will love you for it, trust me! Lol. Peace

Morning all, Just trying to get some info on a PH meter . I'm tired of using those liquid testers anyone out there who would recommend a nice PH tester I've read good things about a Milwaukee PH56 ? or maybe an inexpensive Hanna ? Any info ? Thanks guys ...

Hey olhippy just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. If your lookin for ease of use check out the Hanna 3 in 1. (Dchydro.com) had the lowest price I've seen for it. Its well worth the money to. And best of all you can follow rosemans tutorial on cleaning the probe! (Just used it myself, like brand new now!) Just make sure to get the right cal solution (sold seperately of course) gives you ppm,ph,EC, and Temp! What more could you ask for??? Lol. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom