The Deep Water Culture Home

Welcome Lost Forever! We are at your service and we get our kicks from helping others. Are you growing strains or bagseed?

Strains. I am growing 3 Flash Automatic and 3 Gnomo Automatic girls. This is my first grow so I figured an autoflower would be easier. Once I know what I am doing I might stay away from the autos.

And thanks everyone for the welcome! :thanks:

Don't know those strains. I take it you got them from clones.

Autos aren't bad for a first grow. To me the different between an auto and a regular is a timer. I got some free autos on my last seed order that I am looking to grow out next grow. Figured I could leave them in the veg room if I run out of space in the flower room. I've been known to overplant! LOL!

AARRHHH I found powdery mildue in nmy tent grow !!!! I thined out the bottom area so I can get better ventalation and picked off all the leaves I could see with it , I have a spray but it would be near impossible to spray the whole plant ,,,,,,damn I'm pissed I've been watching and babying these two for a couple of months now ARRRRRHHHH. If worse comes to worse I'll chop them and move my NL in there after a good cleaning ,,,,,shit shit shit !!!!!

Ol hippy you can use a blacklight to check them out and find mold an mildue, I have my fingers crossed for you Bro. hope it works out for you.

Autos aren't bad for a first grow. To me the different between an auto and a regular is a timer. I got some free autos on my last seed order that I am looking to grow out next grow. Figured I could leave them in the veg room if I run out of space in the flower room. I've been known to overplant! LOL!

Hey MC one of my auto's are looking real close now! I checked them with my scope today and one is just day's away, I'll post some pictures on the morrow, temp's here have been around 105* degrees, I am some what glad I haven't any work happening this week since my jeep's A/C isn't working! I really hate to drive all the miles I do in this heat it's a real buzz kill I tell you!

Oh and nice to see all the new blood happening here! with the Deep Water Culture it's a great way to grow any day of the week, month or year! nice to meet all of you damn glad to see you all join the group! keep em" growing my Bro's.

Doctor Who:smokin:

I got the free Short Stuff auto's and I'm really looking for the Super Cali Haze auto. It's supposed to be a true sativa with a 100-120 day from seed finish. Not much difference in time compared to a regular with a 4-5 week veg and a 12 week flower. The advantage for me is to keep them in whatever room they fit in. I see a bank of t-5's in my future!

I got the free Short Stuff auto's and I'm really looking for the Super Cali Haze auto. It's supposed to be a true sativa with a 100-120 day from seed finish. Not much difference in time compared to a regular with a 4-5 week veg and a 12 week flower. The advantage for me is to keep them in whatever room they fit in. I see a bank of t-5's in my future!

Sounds Awsome I think T-5's are a great idea through Veg to a week or so into flower will cut the E Bill way down, I have a friend who grows and goes a week into flower with 2 T'5 racks then switches over a 1000wtt HPS, setup of about 24 plants 3 strains and no more, he has a real productive cycle going with a result of 4 to 5 pound's sometimes more every 3 month's like clock work, I plan to copy his T-5 setup for the winter if I can put the money together but I am not shooting for that much since it will be legalized this November here in Calif yeah! lol:smokin:

Wassup y'all! Just another quick question for anyone who can help. I want to keep a mother plant and start some cloning and I was wondering: Do all plants show preflowers once they reach a certain maturity? And what do the female preflowers look like?

And bendog (or anyone else), I was wondering how do you go about stressing your plant? And what exactly does it do/cause? It's done during flower right?

Sorry if these questions are easily found thru a quick search. It's just my Internet is still down and it is easier for me to post messages on my phone than it is to go searching for info. My net on the phone is quite slow and it would take 4ever!

From what I have read I thought autos produced alot less bud then a regular. Though I am hoping fimming and topping will make it produce more then what I am expecting.

Yea its hard for me on my first grow to not start another! But I am going to be patient and start more on my next grow.

Sounds Awsome I think T-5's are a great idea through Veg to a week or so into flower will cut the E Bill way down, I have a friend who grows and goes a week into flower with 2 T'5 racks then switches over a 1000wtt HPS, setup of about 24 plants 3 strains and no more, he has a real productive cycle going with a result of 4 to 5 pound's sometimes more every 3 month's like clock work, I plan to copy his T-5 setup for the winter if I can put the money together but I am not shooting for that much since it will be legalized this November here in Calif yeah! lol:smokin:

Great stuff Doc! Three cheers for T5s!:cheer::cheer::cheer:

I love my T5s! I was using a 250 mh for veg and then switched to T5s. Less power, less heat, better overall health of the plant.... These lights are winners in my book!

Wassup y'all! Just another quick question for anyone who can help. I want to keep a mother plant and start some cloning and I was wondering: Do all plants show preflowers once they reach a certain maturity? And what do the female preflowers look like?
It may depend on the strain but generally yes. All of my plants that are mature will show preflowers during veg.
The preflowers will look like groups of two or more white hairs or pistils at all of the internodes. It will look like the plant wants to bloom but it wont until the lights switch.

From what I have read I thought autos produced alot less bud then a regular. Though I am hoping fimming and topping will make it produce more then what I am expecting.

Yea its hard for me on my first grow to not start another! But I am going to be patient and start more on my next grow.

I'm getting my first experience with autos now and i'm starting to have a good opinion of them. They are smaller than normal plants but I think solid yields can be had from them depending on the strain.
Mine seem to like heat which is nice. They also feed somewhat heavy and drink alot of water.
I still would'nt buy any though. Several seed distributors offer them for free with other orders. Maybe buy some good normal strains and get some freebie autos to hone your skills before you pop the ones you paid for.:goodluck:

I hear about an oz per plant. The advantages for them are quicker harvest, no timer, alot less space is required and they do not like a lot of nutrients. I don't know if topping or fimming is beneficial for them because they start to flower after 3 weeks, which is when I would normally do my firtst of 2 fimm/topping sessions. depending on the strain (some branch out more than others) you can put twice as many plants in the same sq' as a regular plant. I am considering putting 10 autos' into my six hole bubbler. Light penetration should not be a issue because of the very short heighth of the plants. I saw a utube video of a 5 quart pot with about 15 plants in it. they took longer to flower (4 1/2 weeks instead of the advertised 3), probably because of to much crowding but they all flowered and produced decent a crop. I think they are the seed banks' answer to cloning.
If you go to Nirvanas' website they have a tutorial on autoflowers, might help.
I would also use a 1 part fertilizer, rather than a 2 or 3 part, maybe add some superthrive but that would be about the extent of nutrients that I would use.
Looking forward to watching your grow. :tokin:

And bendog (or anyone else), I was wondering how do you go about stressing your plant? And what exactly does it do/cause? It's done during flower right?

Sorry if these questions are easily found thru a quick search. It's just my Internet is still down and it is easier for me to post messages on my phone than it is to go searching for info. My net on the phone is quite slow and it would take 4ever!

You stress your plants about 2 weeks before harvest, prick them with thumbtacks, fan on high for short periods of time, shaking the roots, periods of dark (when the lights would normally be on), bending of branches (without breaking them in half)some damage to stem is the goal. This should not be done before 2 weeks to harvest so that your girls do not go hermi on you. This will increase trichs, makes the plant think it is dying so all energy is put into making the buds more attartive to pollen. :tokin:

Good morning Dear Deep Water Culture.
I put the finishing touches on the grow 1 journal today. I am having the first taste!!
here's a pic of the first ready budz...
DSCN1491.JPG
DSCN1496.JPG

I put a few 'special ' budz in nug jugs to wait until the very end......

Mama appreciates all of u!!
:smokin:

I think you get less buds per plant but they go to flower pretty early and that keeps them small so you can plant more per grow space. Problem is that you can't clone them for the next generation so it's going to be about $10/plant. Practical for a home grow but not so much for mass quanities.

:grinjoint:
Let us know what it taste like!

Taste Report:
Swiss Cheese: Savory flavor, pungent smell almost like aged cheese, someone get the crackers & wine....I have the munchies!
Wonder Woman:
Earthy flavor with a sweet undertone, cures a lil slower than the cheese, can lick my lips after smoking and taste a sweet(ish) finish. The bud is tight and burns evenly, nice flavor all the way to the ash....think I got it!
:grinjoint:
This ones cheese...
DSCN1492.JPG

Thius one is Wonder Woman...
DSCN1489.JPG

I wish I had smell o view....then U can really tell the difference.

Mama luvs u all....

Thanks for the preflower and stressing info. I believe i get it :cheesygrinsmiley: Cant wait to try it. +reps to you guido you couldnt have been anymore clear than that. Peace yall!!

Back
Top Bottom