Deficiency or normal?

If you are using a brand name nutrient brand, it's almost impossible to get a nitrogen deficiency if you are using it correctly. People are always using too many nutrients.

Yeah I at least try to follow the directions on the back of the box and if anything do less than what it calls for, never over.

420-magazine-mobile1327289872.jpg

Just ordered this to switch out to. So hopefully when this comes in and I get things situated I will start to see the difference.

Ahh thank you. Sorry for all the dumb questions lol first grow and luckily they are bagseeds lol

There are no dumb questions.. People aren't dumb for asking questions either, even genius' ask questions. Knowledge is gained through questioning... .

420-magazine-mobile1327289872.jpg

Just ordered this to switch out to. So hopefully when this comes in and I get things situated I will start to see the difference.

You may be able to get away with running another one of those in your size tent. The overlap of their footprints and security of having two lights (in case one takes a shit) may be beneficial. I have a 2'x4'x5' tent and initially considered two of those but essentially settled on a 144x5 Reflector that has a perfect 2'x4' print for my area. .

How many watts actual draw is your light? That's what is relevant. I have a '1200 watt' LED somewhere I won in a contest, and its actually only 600 watts...
For an eight square foot space though- you want about 400 watts, give or take.

I also don't see light bleaching. The upper growth looks dark while the lower fans look a bit N deprived, which could be from many causes, and unless of course they are bleached after all. Many other things can cause yellowing as well.
However- I don't use LEDs, and the HIDs don't have so much of a bleaching effect. Unless the photo is deceptive somehow- but bleaching would occur closest to the light.

1 or 2 things. Either your ph has locked out nutrients (Phosphorus) or your plant needs Phosphorus and there is none in the soil so it takes it from the plant's leaves. Flush with ph7 water and testvtue runoff. If it's 6.2-7.0 add a PK bloomer if it's below 6.2 pH flush the plant in the tub.

How many watts actual draw is your light? That's what is relevant. I have a '1200 watt' LED somewhere I won in a contest, and its actually only 600 watts...
For an eight square foot space though- you want about 400 watts, give or take.

I also don't see light bleaching. The upper growth looks dark while the lower fans look a bit N deprived, which could be from many causes, and unless of course they are bleached after all. Many other things can cause yellowing as well.
However- I don't use LEDs, and the HIDs don't have so much of a bleaching effect. Unless the photo is deceptive somehow- but bleaching would occur closest to the light.

I think it actually pulls around 500-600 true watts

Proper feeding techniques:
Rule of thumb-Your nutrient ppm level should never exceed your light wattage.
IE 1000w = 1000-1200 ppm max
If she's at week 6, and your ppm is calling for 600 to 800 ppm, feed her, then wait. If she doesn't burn in the next few days, test the container runoff just before you feed her again. If your runoff is 200 to 600 ppm or greater, you are over feeding. Those are nutrients left over she didn't use and you need to dial back her nutrients. Or you'll have salt built up in the soil and it will snowball into a lockout or nutrient burn. The salt also inhibits the root hairs from in taking nutrients and water.

That rule of thumb is wrong.. I have a 312w at the wall light. You're telling me it's a thumb rule I don't feed in excess of 313ppm? Lmfao! Thats gotta be a joke. My ladies have been getting 900-1200ppm for the past 2 wks. They are thriving!! I beg to differ on the thumb rule ppm's no greater than light power.

That rule of thumb is wrong.. I have a 312w at the wall light. You're telling me it's a thumb rule I don't feed in excess off 313ppm? Lmfao! Thats gotta be a joke. My ladies have been getting 900-1200ppm for the past 2 wks. They are thriving!! I beg to differ on the thumb rule ppm's no greater than light power.

They will thrive because they are getting nutrients. Eventually all the unused nutrients will slowly build up into salt and eventually your plants will have none. If that works straight to harvest, without any flushing, then you'll know if it's okay or not.

I've spent way too many hours wandering through these faq's in the last few years and have never once heard of that rule, which clearly would not make any sense.
Also - and I'm sorry to sound like I'm picking apart your advice CA, but- a good sort of average watering cycle, if your plant to pot size ratio is good and you aren't overwatering, would be about every five days, give or take a little. So, feed- water-water-water- would give you about three weeks between feedings, which sounds odd to me.

Thanks for all the input guys! Much appreciated .. I think I'm going to do a flush with some florakleen that I have and see where we go from there.

That rule of thumb is wrong.. I have a 312w at the wall light. You're telling me it's a thumb rule I don't feed in excess of 313ppm? Lmfao! Thats gotta be a joke. My ladies have been getting 900-1200ppm for the past 2 wks. They are thriving!! I beg to differ on the thumb rule ppm's no greater than light power.
You might not agree with my practice but it works. Nutrients don't give you weight, light does. 120% or 300% of the nutrients she needs won't give you 120% or 300% more weight. So why feed her more than she needs? I only feed when she calls for it. You only waste money and become a "salt farmer" . There's nothing but positives from my theory. It will only benefit anybody who puts this practice their regular schedule. Much love to everyone.
Phil- owner of Grow Room Solution in Mississauga Ontario Canada

You might not agree with my practice but it works. Nutrients don't give you weight, light does. 120% or 300% of the nutrients she needs won't give you 120% or 300% more weight. So why feed her more than she needs? I only feed when she calls for it. You only waste money and become a "salt farmer" . There's nothing but positives from my theory. It will only benefit anybody who puts this practice their regular schedule. Much love to everyone.
Phil- owner of Grow Room Solution in Mississauga Ontario Canada

It's always best to listen to the plant. She'll always tell you what she wants

Back
Top Bottom