Deficiency Or Overdose? Pic posted also.

Jamaican Bud

Hello All:

Well once again I have a new ailment. Showing up on several of the very large fan/water leaves are these brown/yellow marks "see pictures below".
These marks started showing up two weeks ago and there is only about 9 days left of the 56 days bloom cycle.
I do harvest by trichomes ratio but the cycle length runs from 49 to 62 days with this strain of White Russian.
I have seen this the last few grows, but the quality and taste is still supreme.
I did start using a Bud Enhancer (0-1-3) 1%phosphate & 3%Potash. I thought may be I might be over doing the boaster with my regular feedings. I would love to here from any and all!!!

Recipe:
Soil - FF/HF
Nutrient - AN 3 part mix (bloom) @ 200ppm With a PH of 6.4/6.6
Booster - AN BB @ 40 @ 10%
Light - LED 240 watts x 3
Temp - 72/76 degrees F
Humidity -35/45%

IMG_3371a.jpg
IMG_3373a.jpg
IMG_3374a.jpg
IMG_3364a.jpg

I am using tap water, I let it dechlorinate for about 48 hours before use. The waters ppm are 65/70 from the tap. I use more water than nutrients since I switched soil to Ocean Forest. If I use nutrient or other bloom enhancers I keep my ppm at about 200 ppm. I guess I could take my water to the coop and have it tested/analyzed. This generally shows up like a nitrogen def. at first (slight yellowing of the leaves in the 4th & 5th weeks) normal for late into bloom. This is the first time that the brown spots showed up.

Your leaf damage appears to be a calcium deficiency. You should discontinue use of a calcium and magnesium supplement 3 weeks prior to harvest. with 9 days left in your grow I would not worry about it for this grow.

That Cal def doesn't look horrible. Actually, the plant looks quite normal for being 9 days away from harvest. Also, keep in mind that if you are watering and flushing your plant properly, during the last 2 weeks of flowering, your plant SHOULD yellow. This is the plant metabolizing the rest of the stored up Nitrogen it has.

I would also be interested in knowing the ppm of your run-off. Granted, soil ppm's should be different than hydro, but 200 still seems low to me... I'd be more interested in knowing the EC of your run-off. This would give me more info on your plant's ability to metabolize the available nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom