Nitrogen deficient or overdose?

Simon Limon

I've got a mix of Jack Herer and Critical Mass growing in soil. They've been flowering for a couple of weeks and I'm feeding them my "tonic" about every 7 days. This is a mix of calmag, molasses, kelp, and fish fertilizer. Three plants are now showing yellowing of the leaves and in two plants the condition is quite extensive. Those two plants are next to each other at the head of a row of 5 plants. The next 3 plants show no yellowing at all. All of the plants have been fed and watered at the same time, same amounts, so there should be no real difference in what they've received.

I've given the two heavily yellowing plants a stronger dose of nitrogen but then it occurred to me that I might be overdosing?

This is a typical leaf:

yellowing.JPG

have to see the whole plant. that looks plain hungry though. plant might be pulling from lowers or something since flip.

Well the tips dont look burnt so I am gonna say she's just hungry and eliminating some of those lowers by pulling nutrients from the lower fan leaves.

For shits and giggles check your spring fed water pH. Looks to me like some sort of lockout on the leaves with yellowing. Maybe too high water pH?? In soil it takes a while but if it's high eventually it shows in the grows.

For shits and giggles check your spring fed water pH. Looks to me like some sort of lockout on the leaves with yellowing. Maybe too high water pH?? In soil it takes a while but if it's high eventually it shows in the grows.

I tested the water for my first grow last year -- I think it was 6.7 or thereabouts. I've been feeding the cannabis the same diet as our tomatoes, which are flourishing.

You are now in flower. Nitrogen is now a lesser need nutrient, giving way to the new macronutrients of calcium, potassium and phosphorus. Your plants appear to be having a potassium deficiency. Your elixir is not cutting it for this stage of the grow.

Thanks, Emilya. Can you suggest a dosage to correct the potassium deficiency? We've got about a month of decent weather ahead so I feel pressed for time to get these plants fully budded!

Simon

Well/spring water can change over time. Test it again??

The interveinal yellowing is concerning to me. I'm loosing fan leaves now but its just that time of year some of the old leaves will fall off and are replaced by other slightly smaller leaves.

The yellowing in your leaves looks like something else. Why I mentioned pH - it looks like a lock out which is not common with plants in the ground.

Plants look pretty good tho overall I wouldn't stress on it. I have plants that look worse from drought we are having.

" Symptoms of potassium deficiency appear on the lower portion of the plant first with chlorosis (yellowing) at the leaf margins followed by necrosis (death). Potassium deficiency can be caused by soil pH, extreme liming or calcium rich areas of fields, lack of soil oxygen or true soil deficiency "

Well/spring water can change over time. Test it again??

The interveinal yellowing is concerning to me. I'm loosing fan leaves now but its just that time of year some of the old leaves will fall off and are replaced by other slightly smaller leaves.

The yellowing in your leaves looks like something else. Why I mentioned pH - it looks like a lock out which is not common with plants in the ground.

Plants look pretty good tho overall I wouldn't stress on it. I have plants that look worse from drought we are having.

" Symptoms of potassium deficiency appear on the lower portion of the plant first with chlorosis (yellowing) at the leaf margins followed by necrosis (death). Potassium deficiency can be caused by soil pH, extreme liming or calcium rich areas of fields, lack of soil oxygen or true soil deficiency "
and too much rain....
You need to get a good bloom nutrient in there... with the size of your plants, the dosage would be high.

Back
Top Bottom