I was told previously that this yellowing is caused by lack of Nitrogen?

dakotamoon

Still learning, and loving - this is my Afghani Kush Plant at 3.5 weeks of flowering, very nice trichomes - but the yellowing started in the center of the plant just after going to 12/12 .. I've been feeding her Earthjuice Bloom, and recently fish fertilizer to try and get some nitrogen to those yellow leaves, I've tried using a foliar spray as well.

As mentioned this is my first grow, is this yellowing normal? I have no idea. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.JPG
    IMG_0823.JPG
    765 KB · Views: 44
Got an interesting top cola there, what's up with that?

That's not good 3.5 weeks in. Not normal.
I'm guessing there's root problems going on. That's a swag. But, it's isolated somewhat. What's the medium and can size and type?

Is that bar your light source? Looks close.

Don't panic. But keep your expectations on the lower side.

The top cola I was worried that it would grow like crazy and to keep the canopy somewhat level .. I topped it 1 week before veg ended, I won't do that again. The medium is bagged earth with many things added: fungi, enzymes, microryzae.. thingys. and worm tailings. I understand now why people use coco and vermiculite.. no critters, another rookie mistake. The cloth pot is 10 gallons! This is a 3 x 3 tent with a 4"fan and filter system. Is there anything I can add at this stage to make the roots better? Thanks!

top cola,, a polysomethinorother,, a thread in here about em somewhere,, some genetic quirk or similar

friend,, science says that in flower,, a cannabis plant requires nearly zero nitrogen to grow optimum,, in fact near no ferts at all, and will grow just fine without any ferts at all

i have a buncha plants like yours right now,,
P1170366.JPG

not from underfeeding,, but from OVERFEEDING

and perhaps a bit of low ph

start there,, worst thing ever would be to add more fert

and ya,, when the yellow is total and complete,, it will never recover,, not a bit..leaf is useless,,and in the way

karma sent friend,, cheers

I'm taking a crash course in root rot, so I may try to introduce some more enzymes in plain water to the soil.

just a note,, a reminder,, overwatering is even more dangerous than overfeeding,, cheers

So I have the dreaded "root rot", I'd feel much better if I knew how it happened and how to prevent it in the future. ??

Back
Top Bottom