Deficiency?

OregonGrown79

So, I posted this in my grow journal but would love to get a few more eyeballs on it! Looks like Mg deficiency to me but being a noob I would like another opinion or two! She has been above ground since May 8th so she is about 27 days old. She got her first dose of nutes on Monday I think! She got 1/4 strength of recommended House-Garden soil. I think that was a tad much as she is showing a little nute burn. Anyways, she seems to be on the smaller side for 27 days along measuring in at 6.5" tall. Every time she has had water it has been ph'd to right around 6.5. She is sitting about 18" from a Mars 2 300w. Airflow is good, 4" fan. Temp never gets above 84f and RH hovers around 50-55%. Soil is Zen Blend which is full of goodies. Any help would be awesome!
6-3-16.jpg

6-3-16_2_nodes.jpg

OG79

Magnesium.

Are you on Bull run or some other cascade run off? Git yerself some Cal - Mag treatment at a grow store and follow the directions on the bottle. My water out the tap is 12 PPM which is better then most people filter to. I have to add it back in some way.

Yes, I do get my water from Bull Run. I never measured PPM of the tap water but the ph out of the tap is 6.5!!! I was told by the guy at the hydro shop that House-Garden nutes had enough Cal/Mg in them that I wouldn't need a supplement. I guess he was wrong!! I will water her tonight, she is getting pretty light. I will do a 1/2 teaspoon of Epsom Salt with a half gallon of water, that should suffice till I make it to the grow shop for some cal/mg.

Yeah I am on Bull Run (Gresham water district). The stuff is super awesome except it is hard to control pH as it is just super clean. But you will get a handle on it. It could just be the pH and your medium is fine. The water here is so empty that adding stuff swings it crazy. People filter hard to get water almost as good as our tap. Most bottled water isn't as good. In the 80's our Bull run tap was bottled and sold. My sink in the garage is 12 PPM the pH is slightly high. Darn near perfect.

A little cal mag will last forever. You don't need much.

Thanks VI for the help. I stopped by the hydro store and grabbed some Cal/Mag tonight along with some PH up. It seems when I add my nutes the ph goes WAY down!!! I missed that her first feeding hence the deficiency! Did 1/2 teaspoon for 1/2 gallon water that I DID ph this time after adding supplements!! Thanks again for helping me out!!
OG79

Hey buddy. They look a little stretched to me. How far away is that mars. Can i see a pic because i think it can be lowered. Plant looks pretty good in pics.
Just a tiny bit of nute burn. I think your doing well. Just want to tighten t hose nodes up. Make it bush out instead of stretching

THE GREEN RACER.

Back
Top Bottom