Autos in Soil

OregonGrown79

So, let me start by saying I have a single photo plant down and she is doing great. Thinking of throwing 2 autos into the mix while she continues to veg. My questions are as follows. When I water my photo girl, my run off is reading 5.0 on the ph scale. I water with ph'd 6.7 water. Should I be concerned about this? Also, I switched soil to FF Ocean Forest for the autos. I have been using Zen Blend. Is there something I should do prior to throwing my auto beans down with the FF? I have 3 gallon fabric pots for the autos and will be transplanting the photo girl to a 7 gallon soon. I am currently running a Mars2 300 LED for light and have a stable environment for the ladies. Temp never goes above 85F and RH sticks around 55-60%. I am growing in a 2'3"x2'3"x6' tent. I figure as soon as the autos finish at 18/6 I will either flip the photo to 12's or turn her into a mother and start some new beans. Thanks for any help or advice!!!
OG79

So, let me start by saying I have a single photo plant down and she is doing great. Thinking of throwing 2 autos into the mix while she continues to veg. My questions are as follows. When I water my photo girl, my run off is reading 5.0 on the ph scale. I water with ph'd 6.7 water. Should I be concerned about this? Also, I switched soil to FF Ocean Forest for the autos. I have been using Zen Blend. Is there something I should do prior to throwing my auto beans down with the FF? I have 3 gallon fabric pots for the autos and will be transplanting the photo girl to a 7 gallon soon. I am currently running a Mars2 300 LED for light and have a stable environment for the ladies. Temp never goes above 85F and RH sticks around 55-60%. I am growing in a 2'3"x2'3"x6' tent. I figure as soon as the autos finish at 18/6 I will either flip the photo to 12's or turn her into a mother and start some new beans. Thanks for any help or advice!!!
OG79

If the plants are healthy, don't worry about the runoff pH. The plants absorb nutrients and minerals which changes the pH.

FFOF is a bit hot for seedlings. I started mine in regular ol' potting soil, the cheap stuff from a local home and garden store and mixed in a bit of peat. They did great in it. When I transplanted into FFOF, they didn't miss a beat.

I just noticed you said you have 3 gallon pots for them. I would start them in a small plastic cup, let them establish roots in them, and then up pot to whatever size pot you want.

Back
Top Bottom