Older leaves turning yellow - Not Nitrogen?

Lifeandtimes

Hi everyone

My grow is just over 4 weeks old,she is in plagron royal mix soil but she was in some standard indoor plant soil prior to transplanting at 2 weeks.

The bottom leaves have gotten yellow in colour and are starting to wither as in the pics.

I was told it was a nitrogen deficiency so I bought nutes and water with them every second which is every 2nd or 3rd day depending how dry the soil is.

She is under a 250 watt cfl bulb with an average room temp of 22 degrees Celsius. The water I use has a ph of 7 but the running of comes out around 6.2-6.5

Can anyone tell me what's going here? The rest of the leaves look healthy but the next oldest leaves are starting to fade in colour like the worst ones did

20160506_182155.jpg
20160506_182200.jpg
20160506_182212.jpg
20160506_182230.jpg

Not an issue, use 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes, their looking good their young your soil most likely has nutes in it just give them water for a couple waterings then introduce nutes gradually. They will be fine they are resiliant. Happy Dayz are coming your way, patience patience patience.

Well just as constructive advice... They look a little bit over watered. The leaves start to bend over at the tip like a slice of pizza if they have too much water.

As for my charts and books, probably magnesium deficient from lockout, which happens in slightly acidic (below 7) soil. Plus higher concentration of other elements like ammonia (nitrogen) and calcium lock it out. It's mostly harmless though.

Well just as constructive advice... They look a little bit over watered. The leaves start to bend over at the tip like a slice of pizza if they have too much water.

As for my charts and books, probably magnesium deficient from lockout, which happens in slightly acidic (below 7) soil. Plus higher concentration of other elements like ammonia (nitrogen) and calcium lock it out. It's mostly harmless though.

Agreed. Let them dry until the pot is light before watering. Try a week dose of Cal-Mag with the next watering and you should be good. Those leaves will eventually dry up and fall off. I wouldn't cut them yet. Not until the deficiency is corrected.

:Namaste:

Hey everyone, thanks very much I really appreciate all your input. ..I will get some cal mag and use that,iv got some ph down to bring the ph down just in case that's no helping, I feel it may be the crap soil she was germinated in that's caused it so hopefully the newer soil keeps the new leaves etc healthy. Finger crossed

Back
Top Bottom