Older leaves turning yellow and crisp - Help

trippytime

older leaves turning bleached like white then yellow then crispy brown then I guess those gonna fall off soon. Feeding it big bloom every other watering and distilled water, also it's under two cfl lights 23w and growing in fox farm ocean forest soil in a little pot I found.

IDK the strand, got the seed from a bag. The soil I'm using is fox farms ocean forest soil and I've feed the plant once last week with big bloom & distilled water. (4 tablespoon/gallon) giving it 14 hours of light total 46 watts 3100 lumens 10 hours night. The plant is just a seedling just started 3 weeks old. Pots hight is 3.5 inch with a diameter of 4inches . IDK if I can send a pic though this forum via phone if it's possible tell me .

I can't figure out the pic with phone either. And I have heard more then a few ppl fussin bout it That sounds like a lot of nute for a 3 week old plant. I'm not familiar with ff. I know of it but that's about it. Does it have nutes in soil? That may be nute burn. A flush sure wouldn't hurt anything. Mayb back the bb down half way. What is the temp and ro in grow area?

Thanks for identifying the problem I gave her a good flush yesterday, I hope the new leaves don't look like this a couple of the new ones started to show signs of nuts burn as well (around the tip of the leaf ). Should I cut off the older leaves that are yellowing to stop it from spreading to the new ones?

Thanks for identifying the problem I gave her a good flush yesterday, I hope the new leaves don't look like this a couple of the new ones started to show signs of nuts burn as well (around the tip of the leaf ). Should I cut off the older leaves that are yellowing to stop it from spreading to the new ones?

I always trim damaged and dying leaves because they can become diseased (mold, fungus) and spread to nearby leaves. Leaves are a one-time deal. Once they are damaged, they don't repair themselves. The new leaves will come in much better. :)

I know you've already identified your problem as nute burn, but I thought I'd throw in that Fox Farm OF has enough nutrients to get you through about 3 weeks. Sometimes it'll even burn new seedlings a little. I mix OF 1:1 with standard nuteless potting soil and ad about a tbsp per gallon dolemitic lime then start a mild nute schedule after about 10-14 days. Works well so far. The added lime keeps you from fretting over the ph. I've never checked ph and never had a problem. Hope you get your problem sorted out. Best of luck with your grow.

Another option is to use about 1/3 potting soil, 1/3 sand, and 1/3 vermiculite (or perlite if that is your preference) for starting your clones and seedlings. This mix did me very well throughout my first grow, veg and flower, and I got a decent first harvest. Next grow I'm going to inoculate the roots with Michorrhizal inoculant.

I experimented with the inocculant when I transplanted one of my mature ladies into a bin, and she turned into a sci-fi, creepy, somewhat sentient, monster! J/K Within a week, her roots were snuggling up to the bin walls, and her veg went CRAZY! One wide tangled mass of leaves, and a bunch of promising preflowers. So her name is Medusa. LOL!

You where right AK the new leaves look more healthy and I checked on the ph of my water supply and it was way to high (7.5-8) so I balanced it down to 6, hope that helped her out. I'm thinking of transplanting to hydro with this plant a few weeks later on to a DWC system, if it goes well more pics will follow :) thanks for the help guys.

I wonder if that kind of change would be too stressful on your ONE plant. Take some clones just in case. It seems logical to me that the choice of DWC vs soil should be made very early, when the clones have a few roots, not with a pre-adolescent plant in active veg.

I'll keep that tip in mind, I noticed today that one of the new leaves tip was burnt a little. This scares me because what if the problem persists with the nute burns. Do I keep flushing? Is it the FFOF soil thats causing this seedling so much problems? I've feed it only twice this time 1/3 strength big bloom, any advice if the nute problem keeps coming back to haunt my poor thing

I'll keep that tip in mind, I noticed today that one of the new leaves tip was burnt a little. This scares me because what if the problem persists with the nute burns. Do I keep flushing? Is it the FFOF soil thats causing this seedling so much problems? I've feed it only twice this time 1/3 strength big bloom, any advice if the nute problem keeps coming back to haunt my poor thing

You fed the baby plant adult nutes after two people advised not to? Why? The nute problem will go away if you stop feeding her nutes until she is old enough to handle them.

Back
Top Bottom