Leaves turning up and turning yellow - Help!

I'm looking forward to that, too! Can you post an update? Did you transplant your gals?[/

I will post an update in a few days. As of this morning there's been no change, it's been over 12 hours since they have been transplanted. they are now in FFOF and perlite, 50/50 mix.

I'm looking forward to that, too! Can you post an update? Did you transplant your gals?[/

I will post an update in a few days. As of this morning there's been no change, it's been over 12 hours since they have been transplanted. they are now in FFOF and perlite, 50/50 mix.

Day 21: Well it's been 2 days since they have been transplanted, so far so good. I didn't transplant one of them, she seemed to be doing ok and she is the biggest so far (really bushy). The other two are getting taller but not wider.

I purchased all of the Fox Farm Nutrients both liquids and solubles. Mixed the liquids ¼ strength and started feeding one of them. Also mixed a spray bottle with ½ water and ¼ strength nutes, sprayed them today.

Do I leave the bad leaves or remove them?

Seed_3_Day_21.jpg
Seed_2_Day_21.jpg
Seed_1_Day_21.jpg

You can leave the damaged leaves as they are for a couple of days. Once you're sure that the plant is growing properly, i.e., there's lots of new growth, then you can cut them off.

These are lower leaves that you would normally prune anyway, so it's no big deal to remove them.

When you get a chance, you should get either some Pro Mix soil or Coco Coir. It's hard to germinate seedlings when the soil is muddy and there are too many nutrients. I think some of the FF soils are OK once your plants have reached a certain size, but it's probably too hot for seedlings. Also, if you have a nutrient imbalance, it's hard to correct, as there are unwanted and unkonwn nutrients in the soil.

I can see from the new bright green growth that your plants are looking better already!

You can leave the damaged leaves as they are for a couple of days. Once you're sure that the plant is growing properly, i.e., there's lots of new growth, then you can cut them off.

These are lower leaves that you would normally prune anyway, so it's no big deal to remove them.

When you get a chance, you should get either some Pro Mix soil or Coco Coir. It's hard to germinate seedlings when the soil is muddy and there are too many nutrients. I think some of the FF soils are OK once your plants have reached a certain size, but it's probably too hot for seedlings. Also, if you have a nutrient imbalance, it's hard to correct, as there are unwanted and unkonwn nutrients in the soil.

I can see from the new bright green growth that your plants are looking better already!

Are saying to repot again with Pro Mix soil or Coco Coir or to use this for new seedlings?

If they appear to be doing fine after transplant, I would leave them be. If you want to try something else or coco wait til you need to transplant them to a bigger pot. Just me but I would pull those leaves that a brown and curled up. I don't think there is much life left in those. But if the tips are just brown I usually snip the brown part off and leave the rest of the leaf.

Are saying to repot again with Pro Mix soil or Coco Coir or to use this for new seedlings?

I meant for new seedlings, so that you don't run into the same problem again. You don't want added nutrients, as a seed has enough nutrients for itself to last about two weeks.

But unless you're on a really tight budget, I'd switch to Pro Mix or Coco Coir for any new plants you grow and for transplanting as well. By the way, you can transplant from soil (Pro Mix, FF) to Coco Coir. They are completely different types of soils, but they play well together.

I think you'll find that your plants grow faster and have less problems if you swtich over to the Pro Mix or Coco Coir.

If the plants you've just treated improve, but still seem sluggish (not growing very fast, a bit stunted, etc.), then you could transplant them from the FFOF and perlite to Pro Mix or Coco Coir.

I think you'll find that your plants grow faster and have less problems if you swtich over to the Pro Mix or Coco Coir

I don't know about the Pro Mix but I love my coco coir. For me, there are less issues when dealing with coco. I still sing high praises to Mr. Gator who got me interested.

If the plants you've just treated improve, but still seem sluggish (not growing very fast, a bit stunted, etc.), then you could transplant them from the FFOF and perlite to Pro Mix or Coco Coir.

I see there's more than one type of Pro Mix, which one do you suggest. I'm not sure if I can find it locally but before I start searching need to know which one. I do not think I will be able to find Coco Coir unless I order it online.

The growth rate in height is ½" to ¾" and the new leaf from the top is 3/8" to ¾", this is in the past 24 hours. Not sure what it should be but the one seems to be doing really good. She's so beautiful, I have to say that I'm in love. :) She's over 12" wide and 5-1/2" tall, the other two are only 6" wide and about the same height. Let me know what you think..

Thanks....

I see there's more than one type of Pro Mix, which one do you suggest. I'm not sure if I can find it locally but before I start searching need to know which one. I do not think I will be able to find Coco Coir unless I order it online.

Sorry to take sp long to get baxck to you. I've been away for a while.

You should get the Ultimate Seeding Mix.

It has not added nutrients except Mycorise, which is a beneficial fungus for the roots.

Here's part of the blurb about the soil that I copied:

PREMIER Pro-Mix Ultimate Seeding Mix - 16 Quart

SKU: EN-PS-0478P-ER
PREMIER® PRO-MIX® Ultimate Seeding Mix is the ultimate peat-based growing mix for germinating stronger and healthier plants, in a natural way! The Ultimate Seeding Mix is enhanced with Mycorise®, which allows the roots to grow stronger and absorb more available nutrients from the soil.

PREMIER Pro-Mix Ultimate Seeding Mix - 16 Quart

Product Details
PREMIER Pro-Mix Ultimate Seeding Mix
Pro-Mix Ultimate Seeding Mix contains Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite (a fine grade), Limestone, and Mycorise. This mixture will allow seeds to germinate and grow into healthier plants naturally.

It is recommended for use on plants growing in a pH between 5.5 — 7.0, see our Soil Testers for an easy-to-use tester. Make sure to close the bag completely after each use, to avoid unwanted contaminants, and store in a cool, dry place.

One bag will fill approximately:

58 - 3 ½" Square Pots
30 — 4 ¼" Square Pots
6 — 10x20 Seed Trays

The main thing you want is Peat Moss for a light soil. If a soil doesn't have Peat Moss, don't buy it. Also make sure there are no other added nutrients. Added nutrients can cause problems for seedlings. Soils with nutrients are OK for mature plants, but I don't use them as I like to know exactly which nutrients and what proportions I have added to the soil.

Just wanted to add that FFOF dev runs hot. I start from seed then transplant in 3gal pot using FFOF I waited 3 weeks befor i started the FF soil scedule and had no prob what so ever. This advice was givin by my local htg supply! The FFOF has nutes to sustain the plant for the first 3 weeks, if you add nutes it will def burn your plant. Good luck we are pulling for ya..:)

Just wanted to add that FFOF dev runs hot. I start from seed then transplant in 3gal pot using FFOF I waited 3 weeks befor i started the FF soil scedule and had no prob what so ever. This advice was givin by my local htg supply! The FFOF has nutes to sustain the plant for the first 3 weeks, if you add nutes it will def burn your plant. Good luck we are pulling for ya..:)

Thanks for the comments.

I'm looking forward to that, too! Can you post an update? Did you transplant your gals?

Hey ggrant,

It's been a busy time and have been unable to post an update. Things were looking good with fast growth after transplanting them in new soil but then a few weeks later it started to go down hill. Well here's where I'm at right now.

Day 58 total
Day 24 since changing to 12/12
Day 10 or so of flowering
Have only feed them twice with nutes as follows.
pH 6.4 to 6.6

FF Big Bloom
FF Grow Big
FF Tiger Bloom

I mixed them at 25% of the suggested feeding dose and then mixed that with 50% distilled water. Feed them once a week for two weeks and they seem to be getting nute burn but not 100% sure. I stopped feeding the nutes and flushed them. From this point I have only watered them. After a few days of no improvement I flushed again but with FF Sledge Hammer with no improvement. They have been flowering for 10 days now but the growth rate is very slow. I never thought growing a weed would be so difficult. Below are some pics, any suggestions you can give would be much appreciated.

IMG_038612.jpg
IMG_038510.jpg
IMG_03849.jpg
IMG_038312.jpg
IMG_03829.jpg
IMG_038111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom