Defoliation

everlasting tree

Hi just wondering when would be a good time to start defoliating these to open them up a bit I’m currently LST them by tying them down but there big fan leaves keep popping up and I keep pushing them down any advice would be great

They are in fox farm ocean forest soil at 43 days old I’m watering then feeding every other time using the flora trio with cal mag and vitamin b-1
CE51ECF4-F7A5-4D90-885F-FBF9C1BBAA9E.jpeg

They are still in veg and can use all of their leaves. Defoliation is an advanced technique, and should only be attempted once one has mastered basic growing.
If you are having issues with high humidity, I would work on improving the environment first.
:passitleft:

Best bet is to continue LST and keep opening up that way instead of taking away leaves.
The plant spent a lot a resources to grow those leaves, strip them off and all you've accomplished is the plant now having to spend more resources replacing those leaves.
It's kind of like you're framing a house then at the end of the day you tear down 1/2 the framing so you can rebuild it tomorrow.
Its wasted energy.

Defol bottom branches that won’t make it to the top on the day you decide to flip to 12/12. Pull clones then too.

21 days into flower, you can trim again if needed. (Only if necessary)

C50E07A7-CDC7-435A-8ED3-67C7B7374796.jpeg

BB662F32-43BC-4AB7-BED5-CCFBA557190E.jpeg

9045EAA3-0524-4910-AC96-D3977ACA3561.jpeg

I have a writeup on it in my sig. It’s one of those arguments to where it’s what you prefer and decide.
People say don’t defol, but then cut the tops off multiple times.
It’s personal preference, research both the positive and the negative.

Alright until now I’ve been taking some of the dead or dying leaves off I haven’t cut any big fan leaves yet I think I’ll just keep bending them and when they get a bit bigger super crop them thank you all for the reply’s

Back
Top Bottom