Diatomaceous earth

Resinjunkie

420 Member
I'm would like to know if anyone else out there has tried this. When you get late in flower no one wants to put any kind of chemicals on there buds but you see evidence of some kind of critter. What I did was I got some diatomaceous earth put it in my bulb duster and put a lite coat of it on my girls and I left that on there for around 72 hours and take some and spread around the base on the soil too. Then I take a good spray bottle and fill with water and give these girls a good bath and let them dry and do it again if needed to was it off don't like to wet them that late in flower either but I don't see any evidence of any critters. My girls are 7 weeks in to flower
Would like to hear what anyone else's opinion on this. Thanks happy growing

Hey Resinjunkie,

Welcome to 420! Most try to nail their pest management routine before flipping to flower but yeah pests happen. If you use DE as a foliar I would do bud washing at harvest - diatomaceous earth kills by microscopic sharp edges cutting thru the exoskeleton of pests and it is not something you want to have in your finished product.

I'm would like to know if anyone else out there has tried this. When you get late in flower no one wants to put any kind of chemicals on there buds but you see evidence of some kind of critter. What I did was I got some diatomaceous earth put it in my bulb duster and put a lite coat of it on my girls and I left that on there for around 72 hours and take some and spread around the base on the soil too. Then I take a good spray bottle and fill with water and give these girls a good bath and let them dry and do it again if needed to was it off don't like to wet them that late in flower either but I don't see any evidence of any critters. My girls are 7 weeks in to flower
Would like to hear what anyone else's opinion on this. Thanks happy growing
Yeah, I have used DE for pest management but not in flower. Honestly, it is such a fine particle size that I would not want to risk having any of that left over. I would definitely do a bud wash like @013 suggested.

Back
Top Bottom