Diazinon ultra

DabnBlaze420

is this product good or bad for the area of the plant and the plant itself?
420-magazine-mobile1168156011.jpg

Diazinon is a pretty heavy duty insecticide. Are you having bug problems? Frankly, after having spent more than 15 years in the structural pest control industry I would say do not use it around your plants. If I am remembering the label correctly, there are warnings to avoid you surround edible plants, fish, running water Etc. I wouldn't take any kind of a chance by using that around your girls. Better safe than sorry I say. There are a number of acceptable treatments out there if you are having bug problems.

There are better choices. For any plant you plan on ingesting, most people prefer organic insect controls. Those types can be as simple as hand picking bugs and caterpillars off your plants, or using organic spraying such as Neem Oil, Insecticidal Soaps, Pyrethrin (made from Chrysanthemums), and Bt -Bacillus Thuringiensus, a natural bacteria that infects caterpillars and kills them.

I'll only resort to chemicals if and when I lose all control of organic methods. Now if you do use chemicals, follow the directions! Don't stay when you're within 2 weeks of harvesting. And never, ever use what the call a Systemic Insecticide. Systematics are absorbed by the plant and kills anything feeding upon it. You really can't get rid of them by flushing either. Just know to never use them.

I would not use it on something I smoke. Nor would I use chlordane...lol.

I also don't think that product was ever listed as safe for food crops or indoors.

I use Bayer Suspend indoors, but don't spray it directly on plants.

Back
Top Bottom