Did i overwater?

Insider

Heres pics from tonight, are these overwatered, thats what i think but i have veery little experience, what do you pros think?

Heres an afghan
afg300109.jpg

Heres a big bang
bb300109.jpg

Luckily i havent watered all of them at once, only the ones i thought seemed dry so i still have some healthy lookin plants.

:peace:

I also posted this question in my journal, thought maybe more ppls see it here. If its considered spam then im sorry.

Re: Did i overwater ?

Ok thats what i thought too, just wanted to make sure thats what the droopin leaves was about, thanks.
The afghan has survived and looks good now, the big bang is still hanging, maybe even a bit worse than this pic.
Ill defo be more careful checking the soil about an inch down before watering.

Thanks a lot for the tips
theyre asleep now but ill get a closeup of the soil in a few hours. If you have the time to check it out it would be nice to get that algae confirmed.

I didnt even know you could get algae on the soil :) this is my second grow, the first one was flawless with a good yield, i thought it would be even easier this second time but now i run into problem after problem, finaly i learned how to kill my plants :)

moisture and light will grow algae just about anywhere. if you keep that top soil layer moist it will eventually grow. Good ventilation and wet / dry water cycles will avoid this. If it gets really bad just scrape away the soil top layer and replace with fresh clean soil.

Hoi
Ventilation is very good, must be me wetting the soil to often.
Lights just turned on and i grabbed a pic of the big bang and its soil, still droopin bad.

bb310109.jpg

algae?
algae_bb310109.jpg

Hoi, :thanks: for such an fast answer, you rule man!
Now Im just hopin it recovers, id really like my big bangs alive :) at least for three months :grinjoint:

From now on i first feel the weight of the cup, if it seems light i stick my finger an inch down the soil and water if dry.

From now on i first feel the weight of the cup, if it seems light i stick my finger an inch down the soil and water if dry.

exactly, good job :nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom