Twisting leaves with claw

Truenoth

420 Member
20180827_100158.jpg

Hey guys.

What do you think is going on with my plants. First time grow. Started once a week with 24-8-15 miracle grow. I think I have been overwatering but I am not sure because I also ups the nutrients a few weeks ago.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

Clawing is usually a sign of too much nitrogen. Looks like the tips are burnt too. Also, I don’t believe Miracle Grow is suited for cannabis. Your plant is flowering and should be getting low N and higher in P and K. I would suggest flushing with plain water and google nutrients for cannabis. I use FoxFarm nutes which you can order on Amazon

I did give it a very good flush last night just incase thats what it was. Though, I don't have really dark leaves like I have read N tox causes.

Hi Truenorth,
I have to agree it's way high on N. Too much N or K then Ca gets locked out as well. N-P-K for flowering should be (N)low-(P)medium to high-(K)high.
Typical numbers you would see would be 1-3-3, or 0-2-3. Others may use 10-20-20 but the point is to have a lower N then the P and K,

I tried to get the fox farm stuff but apparently it is not available in Canada anymore according to the shop I went to. I got Gaia Green Mineralized phosphate 0-13-1 as advised by the owner. Any tips on using this stuff?

You can view my first grow in sig if u like, I used 6 month feed maricle grow. It worked to the point I rarely had to use nutes but had yellow leafs dieing off slowly. I know now this was lack of nitrogen. Flushing was the worst. Trying to correct a def or tox is very against you in MG soil. It's great for beginners imo. Super easy to up your nutes by just plain water. The more u water the more beads pop and drench with nutes. Not monitoring your ppm and ph is not an option with MG so it forces a newbie to learn everything important the first go. With MG you're mostly guaranteed to have a def or tox as flushing can be a dangerous thing. In a way, having those slow issues over time made me learn everything important quickly, as well as knowing I won't be using MG again lol. I would use it for mother plants though, that could be useful maybe. I've been thinking about starting my next 4 mother plant clones into party cups with MG.

Back
Top Bottom