Did research - Still have questions - 1st soil grow

TWINTURBODOGO

Hello all, thanks for looking and any advice you can give us on soil.
My wife and I have 2 dwc grows under our noob white belts.

We were given a clone and had some soil so said eff it let's give soil a try.

Super Silver Haze sativa dominant.
Clipped and placed in rapid rooter Oct 1st, placed in soil and pot on 22nd.

Soil is miracle grow organic choice soil, says not for use in containers. (We may switch soil asap)

64w cfl now then will go into 2x4x5 tent with 325 true watts led.

Nutrients- age old grow and age old bloom. (No nutes yet)
Also using something called Earth Juice by a local start up company. It's a 2 part beneficial bacteria and myco mix.

Temps 72-80

Rh 40%

300cfm fan and passive intake

Not sure if I forgot to mention anything else.
So the day we put her in soil we drenched soil. Today we watered with 1 pint and .5 tsp of earth juice. The water was 6.5ph the running off was the same.

Our biggest concern is weather or not this soil will be to hot for our clone. We've read mixed reviews and advice on using miracle grow.

Are the nutes we have any good?

Also does this look like nitrogen deficiency? Or to much nutes?

Here are some pics. Thanks!

420-magazine-mobile1545002858.jpg

420-magazine-mobile499874596.jpg

420-magazine-mobile987778526.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I am not entirely familiar with MG organic, but with most soils you should not need to give any nutes at all for a few weeks. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and, as long as my ph does not migrate, I can make it most of the way through the grow without nutes. It is tempting to start feeding but if the soil has nutes, let the plant decide when to eat. For my first grow, I followed the link below. I have developed my own methods, but this provided a nice framework.

Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

Thanks for responding! Lots of people said miracle grow is to hot for cannabis. But I think our little girl is looking ok.
She's perked up since planting her.
I think for now we'll leave her be with no nutes and see what happens.

thats basic nutrient burn :D ease off the nutes and watch her grow
That's what your concern was. She's had no nutes at all. Just placed in the miracle grow organic choice soil.
We may need to change the soil then. We've read it being to hot for seedlings and clones.

It seems from reading posts on the forum, that the MG organic might be ok for cannabis and doesn't come with the same problems as the regular MG stuff ( which everybody knows is crap ).

Ya seems like most say it'll work but it's not the greatest.

We can get some soil called black gold at a local grow shop.

Back
Top Bottom