Different strains with different heights? Help!

tallboy2023

I have 4 plants in a 4x4. 3 different strains. 2 are big, 2 are short. I'm getting ready to flip. After stretch if there is still a big difference in height, should I prop up the shorter ones to make a more uniform canopy?

F1EEE46E-D4EB-4560-A284-39E2C91CEF9D.png

Really there are few options...

For the shorter plants, you can always Invert another pot or put them on a milk crate or something to raise the entire pot up, so the plants are level with your taller plants.

OR,

You can supercrop the taller plants branches which will lower the canopy height, and then you can lower your lights. By doing this, the supercropping will help yield by exposing a lot of the lower buds to more light. Doing this you probably will need to eventually support the supercropped branches as once they get heavy they can break the stems.

Not really a wrong or right way, I've done both.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting a 2nd tent. I put the smaller ones in there and I'm letting them veg longer. They are doing great. I flipped the big ones and they're kicking ass too 👍🏼

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting a 2nd tent. I put the smaller ones in there and I'm letting them veg longer. They are doing great. I flipped the big ones and they're kicking ass too 👍🏼
Great choice! You wont be disappointed doing a perpetual grow. I have 2 tents also, one is always in veg and the other is almost always in flowering. Cuts the time down in 1/2 between harvests :)

Back
Top Bottom