anitacarrieri

I am a new member to 420 but have a few very important questions that I hope other members of 420 can answer:

I have inherited a small plot of land in Puglia, Southern Italy. I always dreamed I and my family would be self-sufficient. BUT since, at least the 1990s, Puglia has become toxic-it produces 90% of all dioxins in Italy, farmers in the vicinity of Taranto are now banned from raising sheep for milk, cheese and meat. The last few years, however, they have started growing cannabis with a low-level THC. Initially to clear the soil of dioxins, now a factory has been set up to turn the cannabis into fabric, soil fertilizer and animal feed. Well, I am not a scientist but, can someone explain whether we are not just 'recycling dioxins'?

Don't take my thoughts to heart, but I've read that cannabis is a heavy metal accumulator, as well as other toxins. They planted cannabis at Chernobyl t9 help remove certain radioactive isotopes, like cesium. They draw out the toxins from the soil and store them in their cells. What a miracle weed eh? So many uses... Do some research and I'm sure you'll find lots more practical applications of cannabis to remove toxins from the soils.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Edit: I'll try and upload the article I read in a cannabis magazine.

Just to say thankyou for the post......but what happens to the dioxins in the cannabis!?! Do we just recycle the dioxins in other hemp products. Cannabis absorbs dioxins but it does not eradicate them as I understand things. So do I smoke high concentrations of dioxins, do I compost high concentrations of dioxins or do I burn them????

Illegal burning of plastic is a daily occurence over here. Puglia produces 90% of Italy's dioxins thanks to Ilva in Taranto which blows the stuff into Salento where cancer rates have rocketed. Thanks for your advice, testing the soil and water is the first thing I will have to do, otherwise....

Just to say thankyou for the post......but what happens to the dioxins in the cannabis!?! Do we just recycle the dioxins in other hemp products. Cannabis absorbs dioxins but it does not eradicate them as I understand things. So do I smoke high concentrations of dioxins, do I compost high concentrations of dioxins or do I burn them????

You will, most definitely, be smoking whatever toxins have accumulated in the plant. Once they're in, they're not going anywhere.

Illegal burning of plastic is a daily occurence over here. Puglia produces 90% of Italy's dioxins thanks to Ilva in Taranto which blows the stuff into Salento where cancer rates have rocketed. Thanks for your advice, testing the soil and water is the first thing I will have to do, otherwise....

If you live far enough away from the Steelworks and on the right side of the wind, you may be OK :goodluck:

an order of the Puglia region prohibits grazing within a radius of 20 km around the industrial area

Ilva - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom