Discolored Leaves, what next?

BIRDMAN 420

Any ideas as to what is going on here?
Discolored.jpg

:popcorn:

it is soil mg 14 cfls about 75 deg ive been giving it bloom booster 10 52 10 and alaska fish emulsion regular doses once a week tap water and rain water until yesterday i have been sprayin the leaves but found out thats a no no, it is about 4 weeks into flowering i havent always let my tap water sit long enough either in the past but i am learning

Soil... MG... does that mean that you're growing in Miracle Grow soil?
MG soil releases it's fertilizer over time. Any additions you've made (bloom booser) have probably over-fertilized and burned your babies. I'm fairly certain that every soil grower on this site will tell you to avoid MG if you plan on adding anything during the grow.If you're using MG soil, you may consider flushing your soil it get rid of some of the neuts in the soil. I ended up with a bag of MG Perlite and use it only after I flush it well with Clearex. You may want to consider adding a flushing agent when/if you flush.

Cheers

i just transplanted yesterday using mg organic soil should i just stop the nutes and see if it helps?

If it were me, I'd flush with a flushing agent. MG Organic totally has fertilizer in it. See the brown area on the leaves? Looks like burning to me. I'd flush the crap out of them and hope they live. I might even consider moving them to a different soil mix. You might very well end up in a neutrient lockout condition.

While I'm a bit worried that I'm over-reacting here... but like I said, if it were me, I'd flush the crap out of them. Perhaps some other growers will weigh in on the issue shortly.

Cheers

thanks for the info i think i will try a striaght water flush in the morning, maybe a gallon? as far as the leaves go i just noticed it yesterday and its only about 10 percent of the leaves the others are nice dark green

no they are still growing but yes slow. i just got done flushing with 1 gallon tap water and 2 gallons rain water

Ok, here is a shot of the plant i am concerned about like i said i am guessing about 10% have spots the rest dont look bad to me this was taken 1/2 an hour to 1 hour after the flush i am not sure but it seems to have perked up some
comments please, this is my first grow
IMG_10833.JPG

Great looking babies!

I think you're fine. Overall, the damage looks pretty minor. The discoloration on some of the leaves, and the leaf curling would seem to me to be a neut burn, especially considering the medium you're growing in. I think you caught it very early, and have minimized any major impact.

Here are some words of wisdom from another post regarding recovery from over-fert...
"Don't Over-fertilize
Fertilize after first 2 spiked leaves appear.

Start with 25% of recommended label strengths and work your way up. If the leaves suddenly twist or fold under, Leach and Spray with pure water for several days!" ---SmokeyMacPot

I'd back off any additional feeding... except some SuperThrive. Be careful with watering now that you've flushed them. I don't know how frequently you've been watering, but be careful not to drown your babies.... tho usually at this stage the plants themselves are pulling the water out of the soil at a good rate.

For the future, you can expect alot of the damaged leaf areas to die off a bit. It will look worse before it looks better. Don't panic. It will take quite a while for all the damage to dry up and die off.

So, if you use MG in the future, you really can't use any other fertilizer. The MG soil will also leave a bit of flavor in the bud since you can't really flush the fertilizer out of the soil before harvest. Don't get me wrong, I've used it many times, but you can't add fertilizer to the mix when you use MG soil since you have no real control over the timed relase of the MG ferts already in the soil.
Have you peeked at the soil? See the little round tan balls? Those are little balls of liquid fert (kind of like those liquid filled vitamin pills), and you have no control over when they rupture and spill that fert into your soil.

Cheers... hope they're perking up today!

One more note for future foliar feeding. Test every new mix of neuts on a few of your lower leaves before you spray it all over. This will let you know if your mix is too strong or causes problems. Most folk seem to start their mix at 1/4 of the recommended and work thier way up over time. I recently tried foliar feeding and burned a few lower leaves... much happier to burn a few lower leaves than the entire plant.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom