Discolored Leaves

Update: decided to keep it as its my only plant, little over 1 month in… heard the seeds will be 90% fem is this true?

C8E5B781-A07A-4525-AC10-5F3CA9E6549E.png

2BA8AFC4-58A8-4B36-82EC-D3E2AF45F141.jpeg

4ECFDB0C-8E52-421A-9C5C-B091BB2BC0E0.jpeg

Spray those flowers down with water and pluck the male ones off. Burn them, bin them, just get them away.
Pop the plant in the shower and soak it.
Dry and put her back as she was.
The water will prevent any pollen getting to the pistils.
Then just make sure you pluck any more that pop up off in the same way.
Don't soak once you have dense buds but it should help you now to save what you have.
Good luck

I understand that seeds from a hermie will be female, but I have no expertise about that.

However, I can only grow once a year, and if it was me I would probably snip off the male bits pronto, and check every day for more and snip all found off and grow it out, or do it more properly like Lerugged mentioned. In that case I'd grow it out, after all, what else I am I going to do in the garden department while waiting for Spring to come around again, SFA?

If you have got nothing else on the go being held up, and you want to get some female seeds that hopefully won't hermie under normal/good growing conditions (no light leaks etc), then don't bother removing any male bits but search the buds for seeds when harvesting/jarring, and I guess the seeds would be good (& female).

But, I don't imagine that hermie seeds are too good to have if they are a product of a plant that hermied for no apparent reason, i.e. if it is genetically prone to hermie it probably is not going to be suitable for seeds. But as I said I am no expert and it isn't even worth 2 cents.

Some will be female and a lot will be herms.
So I presume that means any seed from a hermie it is going to be unpredictable? Even a normally 'good' plant that has hermied from a 'light leak', any resulting seeds will still be unpredictable then? Then yeah, I get it, potentially a future waste of resources, and you don't want to lose the growing season by the time you find out.

I've grown some exceptional plants out of seeds that came from herms. Like incredible buds. But I've had to grow out maybe 20 to find one that's banging.
I don't breed with them, the gene is somewhere there (unpredictable/unstable) but they can offer up some fantastic buds when you find one.

Spray those flowers down with water and pluck the male ones off. Burn them, bin them, just get them away.
Pop the plant in the shower and soak it.
Dry and put her back as she was.
The water will prevent any pollen getting to the pistils.
Then just make sure you pluck any more that pop up off in the same way.
Don't soak once you have dense buds but it should help you now to save what you have.
Good luck
I have a feeling there is already pollen sacs in the main colas but I can definitely remove what I can see and spray with water! Do u recommend maybe a tweezer to remove them? Thanks dude

I understand that seeds from a hermie will be female, but I have no expertise about that.

However, I can only grow once a year, and if it was me I would probably snip off the male bits pronto, and check every day for more and snip all found off and grow it out, or do it more properly like Lerugged mentioned. In that case I'd grow it out, after all, what else I am I going to do in the garden department while waiting for Spring to come around again, SFA?

If you have got nothing else on the go being held up, and you want to get some female seeds that hopefully won't hermie under normal/good growing conditions (no light leaks etc), then don't bother removing any male bits but search the buds for seeds when harvesting/jarring, and I guess the seeds would be good (& female).

But, I don't imagine that hermie seeds are too good to have if they are a product of a plant that hermied for no apparent reason, i.e. if it is genetically prone to hermie it probably is not going to be suitable for seeds. But as I said I am no expert and it isn't even worth 2 cents.
Yeah when lights are on I will pluck every single sac off I can see, do have a feeling there is sacs inside my main colas as stated before. Also will this speed up the actual bud process if I chop the sacs off as more energy will be spent into the bud and not seed?

Back
Top Bottom