DIY deck greenhouse to shelter 6 plants in New England weather

Natedog420grows

I want to build a greenhouse out of 2"x2" lumber and my Brad nailer. I would purchase a greenhouse but I can't find one that would house 12 ft tall plants in 30 gallon pots. My idea was to build a rectangle frame 12ft long and 6 ft wide with a clear, possibly corrugated plastic roof slanting slightly away from the side where I will access them, which will also direct water right off of the deck on which the structure would be built. The sides will be made from an unspecified, clear rolled sheathing. Maybe 4 mil in thickness and secured with 2 sided velcro tape to the uprights. All sides would roll up to let in fresh air. I have a material list written out but I have yet to price everything. I am excited for spring and my ladies are already vegging for summer 2020 outdoor season. If I'm going to grow 4lb plants, I don't want to lose them to rot!! Hopefully this can be done for less than $200 and I will do my best to make it packable and re-usable for future seasons.

I want to build a greenhouse out of 2"x2" lumber and my Brad nailer. I would purchase a greenhouse but I can't find one that would house 12 ft tall plants in 30 gallon pots. My idea was to build a rectangle frame 12ft long and 6 ft wide with a clear, possibly corrugated plastic roof slanting slightly away from the side where I will access them, which will also direct water right off of the deck on which the structure would be built. The sides will be made from an unspecified, clear rolled sheathing. Maybe 4 mil in thickness and secured with 2 sided velcro tape to the uprights. All sides would roll up to let in fresh air. I have a material list written out but I have yet to price everything. I am excited for spring and my ladies are already vegging for summer 2020 outdoor season. If I'm going to grow 4lb plants, I don't want to lose them to rot!! Hopefully this can be done for less than $200 and I will do my best to make it packable and re-usable for future seasons.
:popcorn: This I want to see

:popcorn: This I want to see
I will be happy to keep you updated. I'm plannning to break deck in early April. By then I will be all baked from my Purple Kush and will have the right motivation. It's too cold out yet!

With everything that has been happening this year, have you been able to do any of it?
Thank you for reminding me! I forgot I started this thread.

I did build my deck greenhouse. Ended up using pvc pipe. It has been hard to keep the plastic intact but the protection from the rain will pay off during fall.

Let's start from the beginning! Most of my plants were vegged indoors for 2 months before going outside.
20200331_214108.jpg
20200416_171521.jpg
20200423_140326.jpg
20200423_150715.jpg
20200428_081522.jpg
20200429_230636.jpg

I put them out in early May which was a mistake due to accidental flowering. It was a lot of work mixing all that soil on the deck.
received_600367113885513.jpeg
received_2269414743364168.jpeg
20200418_111125.jpg
20200503_172059.jpg

It's been a long season already. Here they are present day. There's 7 plants left in the enclosure and I've got others in the yard.
20200724_183500.jpg
20200721_105852.jpg
20200629_135824.jpg

Hells yes!!!! They should be in preflower now, yeah?
I've had preflowers for a long time due to a super long vegetative growth. I have some plants that went into flower and haven revegged completely. I hope they do their thing for me!

I have one outside that never revegged, might get two jays out of her, lol. Kooky plants, man.
She can still reved. Might be very late flowering but.......

What does one do with that many buds?? Christmas gifts??? To the local pd....
I certainly hope not. The police drive by 100 times a day and so far so good.

Outdoor grows in Michigan, hmmm. They have to be under lock & key, so the law sez.
But I know one man here that got 6’ out of his deck plant last summer. Love to try a plant once, outdoors. But the neighbors. I think it would get stolen.

Outdoor grows in Michigan, hmmm. They have to be under lock & key, so the law sez.
But I know one man here that got 6’ out of his deck plant last summer. Love to try a plant once, outdoors. But the neighbors. I think it would get stolen.
LOL... Gotta watch out for those pot pirates!

Back
Top Bottom