DIY room & cob project, drill & tap tutorial: strain undetermined

I finished the filter. Took almost 40lbs of carbon and has over a 3” carbon bed. Good air flow. Haven’t decided where to put it yet.
F8F2BA61-4958-431A-97AE-25A43A73B7FF.jpeg
5ECDCDAE-3749-48B1-A961-23FDA43102A7.jpeg
C2584143-814F-4116-8D93-50BAF2E0759B.jpeg
72BEB4BF-E6F3-44DB-8EED-1EC3939CF1AF.jpeg
Hope it works. I’ll test it later with an open jar. I’m kinda nervous.

Also you should use drill and tap lube. Washer fluid works good too. It’s aluminum so you could just pee on it. Doesn’t really matter just keep the drill and hole clean of chips.
But can you thread a potato? Go youtube it.

thanks for the heads up ont he journal

Oh....Starrett, need to go spank off. Nice tools.

That carbon filter will work like a charm. Lining inside is smart. There are different carbons with different pore sizes.

Lights look f-ing sharp man! 600w? your not going to need but like 10% of that for veg.....but that is going to be a sick flower setup.

That carbon filter will work like a charm. Lining inside is smart. There are different carbons with different pore sizes.

Lights look f-ing sharp man! 600w? your not going to need but like 10% of that for veg.....but that is going to be a sick flower setup.
Thanks! Technically 638.4w on full blast. I figured it was overkill but like you said I don’t have to turn them up all the way. Better to have it and not need it...I sure fn hope the filter works. I’ll probably do northern lights or blue mystic just to be safe for a start. Jack Herer is not supposed to stink. I really, really want to grow some big Sativa though. We’ll see.

Nice DiY on the Cobs and Filter Fudo :bravo:

As for strains those all sound good. If ur into Sativas check out ACE Seeds they are a sponsor here and we get discounts.

They offer mostly landrace pure Sativas and Indica’s. Also some hybrid crosses now that are very nice. Some of my Favs from ace are :

These are not Sativa but have to be mentioned

Bubba Hash
Golden Tiger
Guawi
Snowmoon

if you want the pure Sativa tho they are more like :

Panama X Malawi
Panama
Malawi
Zamaldecia

Check em out can’t bear ACE gear for Sativas if u truly love Landrace Sativa.

Also I really like Humboldt Seeds Org. They are from Cali and never let me down. Seeds & Genetics are very good quality.

I grew a Raspberry Diesel that was a 75% Sativa / 25% Indica. It was great. Take a look in my Sig if u wanna see that grow

You’ve seen my Maui Waui grow and Nirvana has a good one. In a 10 or 15 Gal pot the plants would get quite big. With training maybe a 3ft to 4ft wide bush and 3-4 ft tall or more.

I also highly recommend Doc’s Kit for your growing system above any other advice.

I’ll check back here every so often. And if u got any questions, feel free to ask me. I’d be glad to help.

:passitleft: Cheers Bud

As for strains those all sound good. If ur into Sativas check out ACE Seeds they are a sponsor here and we get discounts.

They offer mostly landrace pure Sativas and Indica’s. Also some hybrid crosses now that are very nice. Some of my Favs from ace are :

Bubba Hash
Golden Tiger
Guawi
Snowmoon

Panama X Malawi
Panama
Malawi
Zamaldecia

Also I really like Humboldt Seeds Org. They are from Cali and never let me down. Seeds & Genetics are very good quality.

I grew a Raspberry Diesel that was a 75% Sativa / 25% Indica. It was great. Take a look in my Sig if u wanna see that grow

You’ve seen my Maui Waui grow and Nirvana has a good one. In a 10 or 15 Gal pot the plants would get quite big. With training maybe a 3ft to 4ft wide bush and 3-4 ft tall or more.

I also highly recommend Doc’s Kit for your growing system above any other advice.

I’ll check back here every so often. And if u got any questions, feel free to ask me. I’d be glad to help.

Cool thanks, I’ll check it out.

Bubba Hash
Golden Tiger
Guawi
Snowmoon

Panama X Malawi
Panama
Malawi
Zamaldecia

I’m still thinking 5-7gal pots. My space is only 5.5’ wide. I was planning on topping and bending them sideways. Veg for 6 weeks. 4 plants. Think I could go bigger?

I’m still thinking 5-7gal pots. My space is only 5.5’ wide. I was planning on topping and bending them sideways. Veg for 6 weeks. 4 plants. Think I could go bigger?

my tent is 5x5 and those Maui’s are in 10s. I think u could go 10s easily if u got 5x5. 15s even. Next run of Maui I’ll do 15s. Got the pots already and seems like I can control them even if I’m topping And spreading them out.

I grow in Docs Kit tho So a lot of the veg time for these girls was in 1 Gal pots. Only 3.5 weeks in the 10s. Just something to note.

my tent is 5x5 and those Maui’s are in 10s. I think u could go 10s easily if u got 5x5. 15s even. Next run of Maui I’ll do 15s. Got the pots already and seems like I can control them even if I’m topping And spreading them out.

I grow in Docs Kit tho So a lot of the veg time for these girls was in 1 Gal pots. Only 3.5 weeks in the 10s. Just something to note.
if your vegging for 6 total weeks and dead set on that 7g and under is fine. I've vegged 150 days in 5/7 gallons.

But no problem going bigger. You have room.
Ok good. I’m definitely going organic at some point. I have a water line right above the room. I’m going to tap in for direct access to water, drain table etc...that way I don’t have to move big pots. Not this time though.

I did 3gal last time so probably just 5gal this time. You almost have me talked into 7gal. I’m new so if I F something up or have to scrap it for smell, there won’t be as much to scrap. I have grand designs but I want to be a little more confident and have it all dialed in before I go big & try to max out the space. Nice to know I can though, thanks.

Ok good. I’m definitely going organic at some point. I have a water line right above the room. I’m going to tap in for direct access to water, drain table etc...that way I don’t have to move big pots. Not this time though.

I did 3gal last time so probably just 5gal this time. You almost have me talked into 7gal. I’m new so if I F something up or have to scrap it for smell, there won’t be as much to scrap. I have grand designs but I want to be a little more confident and have it all dialed in before I go big & try to max out the space. Nice to know I can though, thanks.
I had some down time at work so I researched organic gardening. Total information overload lol. Getting the idea though.

I just bought - about 2 weeks ago on the zon - some smartpot 7g tan w handles for around 4 per shipped. If your considering 7s, this is an excellent price, go grab like a half dozen because they will not be cheaper. I reuse mine. dump dirt, let dry out outside, scrape, hose/dry cycles outside and if I am really worried wash in some water only a few times and dry in the sun. I can get like 5/6 uses per pot.

My rule of thumb is:
Autos in 2s/maybe 3s if you know the lines.
5g is fine for veg like 4-6weeks.
4g fits in my tent better.

just play around and figure out what you like.

Better to be in to small a pot (slightly) vs to large a pot in my humid environment.

Couple years back I wanted all organic. Down here with our spring temps that means high chance of bugs inside as well. It took me a few trys to get it right without deficiencies and using clones of the strain where I saw what they liked ahead of time and could plan for the 2nd grow based on what nute the strain hogged.

Organic IMO is great when you can nail it 100% on a long vegged plant that puts out a shit ton of quality smoke.

But, it's easier at first to just buy a good ph pen that you can calibrate often and learn how to respond to the plant vs predict. If your new and running a bunch of strains, don't get freaked and throw 1% organic WS N at a flowering plant showing a def at 30 days into flower, you can fix problems much quicker-really just slow the issue-with synthetics.

It's not the best nute in the world, but man, a few ml of Grow Big with the 3% urea has helped many of my organic grows. I just don't use it last few weeks.

I just bought - about 2 weeks ago on the zon - some smartpot 7g tan w handles for around 4 per shipped. If your considering 7s, this is an excellent price, go grab like a half dozen because they will not be cheaper. I reuse mine. dump dirt, let dry out outside, scrape, hose/dry cycles outside and if I am really worried wash in some water only a few times and dry in the sun. I can get like 5/6 uses per pot.

My rule of thumb is:
Autos in 2s/maybe 3s if you know the lines.
5g is fine for veg like 4-6weeks.
4g fits in my tent better.

just play around and figure out what you like.

Better to be in to small a pot (slightly) vs to large a pot in my humid environment.

Couple years back I wanted all organic. Down here with our spring temps that means high chance of bugs inside as well. It took me a few trys to get it right without deficiencies and using clones of the strain where I saw what they liked ahead of time and could plan for the 2nd grow based on what nute the strain hogged.

Organic IMO is great when you can nail it 100% on a long vegged plant that puts out a shit ton of quality smoke.

But, it's easier at first to just buy a good ph pen that you can calibrate often and learn how to respond to the plant vs predict. If your new and running a bunch of strains, don't get freaked and throw 1% organic WS N at a flowering plant showing a def at 30 days into flower, you can fix problems much quicker-really just slow the issue-with synthetics.

It's not the best nute in the world, but man, a few ml of Grow Big with the 3% urea has helped many of my organic grows. I just don't use it last few weeks.
Yeah I’ll probably just do what I did last time just bigger. Ph was easy. Mixed everything in gal jugs. Took lots of cal mag...what about slight amendments in ffof? Just a little xtra of the basics. Like WC, BG, lime. Let it sit for a couple weeks. Would this lessen the need for synthetics? Or waste of time.

U fire up a blunt from your last grow in there to test the carbon yet?
No but I left the jar open by the filter & let it stink up the room. Turned the fan on and went outside. Couldn’t smell a thing. So I’m optimistic.

when I amended soil, I cut like 4 bags of ffof to sunshine4 bale then added amendments.

one takes more time and money. How much free time do you have?
I have the time. I’m more concerned with storage. I probably will get a tote and start composting with the soil from my next grow. I’ll find room.

Back
Top Bottom