DIY Rotary Garden Omega Garden Volksgarden Rotogro GIgrow Bonsia Bpod Odessy etc

i dont see how i missed the point how ever short the time is if the water is stagnate and not as much oxygen then its not good and i told u 2 diff things that the air stone does that the plants benfit from. if your going to quote use the whole post if it has to do with what your talking about.

Oxy the water and also mixes up nutes. i mean if it was realy short yeah but these plants go under the water once every 45 min- hour i figure that it could be over watered and get root rot most ebb units are 3 times a day right?

Rotos are more like a ebb/dwc because its watered alot the air bubbles probly let the soaked roots keep air even when there soaked.

I may be wrong but i dont think your point can be proven by one post and your inablity to understand or look into things. Then agin u might be right if u do a roto grow without one let us know see how it works

i dont see how i missed the point how ever short the time is if the water is stagnate and not as much oxygen then its not good
you missed the point because you refuse to question why you think that fact is true.

Oxy the water and also mixes up nutes. i mean if it was realy short yeah but these plants go under the water once every 45 min- hour i figure that it could be over watered and get root rot most ebb units are 3 times a day right?

you "figure" eh,.. but you don't know, and no offence but from what ive done i obviously do, but you go on believing what you've been told if that's how you want to live. I ignored the nutes getting mixed up point you tried to make because it was well, dumb and i didn't want to rip on you further. Obviously we're all using hydro nutes which are soluble in water and there for don't need to be mixed, not that a few bubbles would accomplish it sufficiently if it was needed. My setup is different and the roots rotate faster but even with a 45min rotation like the omega has that means what, the plants are under water for 5 out of every 45 min, and you think there gonna drown and die in that time?

Rotos are more like a ebb/dwc because its watered alot the air bubbles probly let the soaked roots keep air even when there soaked.

5 out of every 45 min is a lot? "probly let the soaked roots keep air" eh?.. well at least you know for sure and you've done this.

I may be wrong but i dont think your point can be proven by one post and your inablity to understand or look into things. Then agin u might be right if u do a roto grow without one let us know see how it works

MY inability to understand or look into things eh? That's interesting,.. coming from the guy who's just regurgitating what everyone else has said and done, copy pasting from websites, and doesn't have the forward thinking to DIY his own roto garden plans.

My pics and what ive done speak for itself, you dont need to oxygenate res water or cool it. It's proven now, weather you believe in color photos over what others say or not.

Of course you're right, MJJ, but it is a small part of the big picture. RW drained has plenty of air. A little light on roots occasionally; hurts nothing. Myths abound in growers hearts, but why dissabuse them? A little air in the res hurts nothing. Winnowing the kernals of truth from the chaff of anecdotal baloney is what will make your grow grow well. Winning an arguement feeds only an ego.

Of course you're right, MJJ, but it is a small part of the big picture. RW drained has plenty of air. A little light on roots occasionally; hurts nothing. Myths abound in growers hearts, but why dissabuse them? A little air in the res hurts nothing. Winnowing the kernals of truth from the chaff of anecdotal baloney is what will make your grow grow well. Winning an arguement feeds only an ego.

Everything's a small part of a bigger picture, buy getting the small parts right is what makes the big picture beautiful :rollit: ...and winning an argument when the argument is about how to factually do something can very often serves much more then ones ego.

:peace:

Vast caverns in limestone are etched by carbonic acid. Rain/groundwater absorbs CO2 from air, producing this acid. Pre-industrial air with much less CO2 than now. The CO2 from aeration might help res pH fall. You could be right, aeration in a dipping res might be bad. I add a pinch pH up most days and don't much worry why. DWC requires aeration. Dirt needs to dry between hydration to allow air to get down there. RW isn't dirt, and doesn't need to dry, just drain regularly briefly. Drying it out consentrates salts at the root, but cannabis is tough and thrives with this minor abuse, anyway.

From chatting to the Omega Man, it sounds like a lot of people water these units more often then is needed. I only water twice a day and I cant see ever needing to water more often then that.

Cheers,
Maxx

From chatting to the Omega Man, it sounds like a lot of people water these units more often then is needed. I only water twice a day and I cant see ever needing to water more often then that.

Cheers,
Maxx

How do you possible water these "units" too much? They just hold water and the plants go through said water at the speed the motor designates. What do you mean twice a day?:hmmmm:

There is a res at the bottom with a pump that is on a timer that pumps into the watering tray. There is not need to have the watering tray full all of the time.

Cheers,
Maxx

There is a res at the bottom with a pump that is on a timer that pumps into the watering tray. There is not need to have the watering tray full all of the time.

Cheers,
Maxx

ohhh,.. i thought the rockwool cubes just rotated through the res at the bottom, didn't know there was a pump,.. interesting,.. you'd think you wouldn't need it though if you sped up the wheel a bit.

There is also a tendency of several of these types of machines to retain water because they dont let the water out of the channels very well and that leads to dripping on the inside of the wheel, which is not a good thing.

Cheers,
Maxx

i was watering once a day, and i dont think it was enough. now i water twice a day. maxx is right, its a good amount. a res under the unit fills a tray where the RW dips and wicks up water.

the reason you dont want it watering all day is because if the RW gets too wet, it will start dripping.

also watering at night makes no sense.

i oxygenate my res. i may not need too, but i also don't need to have ice cream for desert all the time. but i like too! no harm will come of it, and i have one sitting around anyways from my old DWC setup.

plus keeping the wool wet then spinning it in the air sure is a good way to make the room humid as hell. . . not that mine isn't already. also as it eveporates into the air, you will lose more res water, have bigger ph fluctuations, more ec concentration, etc. better to let it sit when you dont need to feed.

Hey max,.. what do the back of the rockwool cubes and roots end up looking like? Do you by change have pics? I know how many roots i had per plant when i did DWC (all be it bigger plants then you could grow in an omega) and im just wondering how much of a mess that area is when the plants are ful grown for you.

infrno,

i would get the volks to start because its cheap and your just learning. you don't know what your getting into yet, how much pruning, care, etc they're going to need, and if you can handle it.

if money is not as big a concern as quality and volume, i think i would get a rotogro, i almost got one myself when i was deciding. i hear terrible things about the gi grow, and the bpod is more expensive with way less stuff. i never saw weeds so i dont know how sweet it looks, but i have seen a rotogro in action. its a nice unit.

Hey max,.. what do the back of the rockwool cubes and roots end up looking like? Do you by change have pics? I know how many roots i had per plant when i did DWC (all be it bigger plants then you could grow in an omega) and im just wondering how much of a mess that area is when the plants are ful grown for you.

It's not like DWC at all in that the roots air prune so there is no mess or roots hanging out of the cube at all.

Cheers,
Maxx

mjj,

i just meant when your not feeding the cubes (flooding the table), your water is sitting in the res (hopefull with a top on it), not exchanging water with the air making it more humid and evaporting away.

i oxygenate my res. i may not need too, but i also don't need to have ice cream for desert all the time. but i like too! no harm will come of it, and i have one sitting around anyways from my old DWC setup

understood, and if i had an omega id do it too, im doing something totally different though and the sound of air pumps/bubbles would be a dead give away coming from that area of a room and thus why i posed the question about not really needing it

how about you WOF, how do the roots/cubes end up looking by the end of a grow? is there enough room for root growth and all? got pics of that area by chance?

Back
Top Bottom