Dj's f-13 (grow questions)

williebetmore

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions left after doing some research.

I have picked the F-13 as my plant to work with, after much thinking! :smokin:

What i'm not too clear on..............

If i pop 20 beans, and find one really nice female, and get a male:

1: If she is a really unique pheno... (big time if i know) how do i
preserve her type? I (a noob) figure that if i just give her up to a male,
the seeds will show all types of different pheno's. If i clone her, won't i lose
some quality with every future clone i take from her kids? (so to speak)
So in short (no pun attended ;)) If you were breeding and just found a unreal
female, and wanted to use her as your plant to build on with future crops,
how would you preserve her traits?

Thanks all who look! Great site!

My future grow style (well researched) Aqua-phonics.........
using a aero-phonic system of my design, SOG...........
20 plants every 8weeks.........

:popcorn::popcorn::peacetwo::peacetwo:
Hello everyone!

I have a few questions left after doing some research.

I have picked the F-13 as my plant to work with, after much thinking! :smokin:

What i'm not too clear on..............

If i pop 20 beans, and find one really nice female, and get a male:

1: If she is a really unique pheno... (big time if i know) how do i
preserve her type? I (a noob) figure that if i just give her up to a male,
the seeds will show all types of different pheno's. If i clone her, won't i lose
some quality with every future clone i take from her kids? (so to speak)
So in short (no pun attended ;)) If you were breeding and just found a unreal
female, and wanted to use her as your plant to build on with future crops,
how would you preserve her traits?

Thanks all who look! Great site!

My future grow style (well researched) Aqua-phonics.........
using a aero-phonic system of my design, SOG...........
20 plants every 8weeks.........
My suggestion would be to test all your plants, before harvest, and the one you like best, regenerate it and clone, clone, clone !! That way, you know you're getting what you like !! Just my 2 cents !!:reading420magazine::popcorn::peacetwo:

Clone after clone is they way I handle it. Works fine.
But pick a nice healthy and hopefully stinky male and make some seeds for future fun. :grinjoint:
Welcome to the 420Mag.

Thanks!

Here is the plan as of now.........We all know how things change...

I will pop 20 F-13's
I will look for the best male (hope to get 2-3) hehe
I will take my best 5 females and put them in with the male. (keeping the other males in veg, in case the best male shoots blanks ;))
In a complete separate room of 'coor's'.....
On average (i know the science is lacking) best guess, how many seeds from
5 females veg'd to sex then flowered?
Off those seeds i will search for special plants.

Sound like a solid plan, or could i be missing something?

:popcorn::popcorn::peacetwo::peacetwo: My suggestion would be to test all your plants, before harvest, and the one you like best, regenerate it and clone, clone, clone !! That way, you know you're getting what you like !! Just my 2 cents !!:reading420magazine::popcorn::peacetwo:

Thanks' after i get my seed #'s up, i will be doing just that. So i assume you mean:

Take the female at full bud (ready to harvest) clip a bud, dry it, and test the bud for quality. After i isolate the the best ones' chop off the bud, and re-veg the plant (20 hour lights), and keep her there, cutting clones as she gives them up?

I will dry using the envelope on a bulb trick.....

Here is a better plan.

Pop 1/2 your beans (10).

Veg till pre-flowers (sexual maturity), ~5-8 weeks of age.

Take clones of all, even the males. Flower the clones.

Cross the best looking male clones with the best looking female clones.

Plenty of seeds and you still have your original plants still in veg for more clones.:cheer:

Trust me, if you grow out 10 beans, by the time they hit maturity there will be 2 or 3 that stand out from the crowd, close internodes, better growth, just more 'special' overall, of both sexes.

These are usually your best bet. Usually. Don't toss anything till after the taste test. Not often, but I have seen bud that looks, smells, and taste great, with no buzz whatsoever. Not often, but it does happen.

After all this, keep the best 1,2, or 3 plants, then do the same deal with the other 10.

All this will take you well over a year, but at the end you will have something that you can work with for years to come.:goodluck:

If you are looking for fast results or instant gratification, breeding is not for you.

DD

Here is a better plan.

Pop 1/2 your beans (10).

Veg till pre-flowers (sexual maturity), ~5-8 weeks of age.

Take clones of all, even the males. Flower the clones.

Cross the best looking male clones with the best looking female clones.

Plenty of seeds and you still have your original plants still in veg for more clones.:cheer:

Trust me, if you grow out 10 beans, by the time they hit maturity there will be 2 or 3 that stand out from the crowd, close internodes, better growth, just more 'special' overall, of both sexes.

These are usually your best bet. Usually. Don't toss anything till after the taste test. Not often, but I have seen bud that looks, smells, and taste great, with no buzz whatsoever. Not often, but it does happen.

After all this, keep the best 1,2, or 3 plants, then do the same deal with the other 10.

All this will take you well over a year, but at the end you will have something that you can work with for years to come.:goodluck:

If you are looking for fast results or instant gratification, breeding is not for you.

DD

Now that sounds like very solid advice!
Thanks man' good stuff there!
Love that plan.......

Now that sounds like very solid advice!
Thanks man' good stuff there!
Love that plan.......

Good!

Now, before you pop the first bean, BUY AND READ this book:

MARIJUANA BOTANY An Advanced Study: The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis
by Robert Connell Clarke

This could very well be the most important book you'll ever own if you are going to breed. It will also save you asking a lot of questions online, which probably won't be answered correctly anyway.:reading420magazine:

It will be the difference between breeding or just chucking pollen.:idea:

DD

Good!

Now, before you pop the first bean, BUY AND READ this book:

MARIJUANA BOTANY An Advanced Study: The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis
by Robert Connell Clarke

This could very well be the most important book you'll ever own if you are going to breed. It will also save you asking a lot of questions online, which probably won't be answered correctly anyway.:reading420magazine:

It will be the difference between breeding or just chucking pollen.:idea:

DD

Amazon is my friend thxs for the suggestion.

Thanks' after i get my seed #'s up, i will be doing just that. So i assume you mean:

Take the female at full bud (ready to harvest) clip a bud, dry it, and test the bud for quality. After i isolate the the best ones' chop off the bud, and re-veg the plant (20 hour lights), and keep her there, cutting clones as she gives them up?

I will dry using the envelope on a bulb trick.....
That's a real solid plan !! You can't go wrong !! :reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom