Do I have good enough lighting for flowering

Xavier

I did not have very much money to buy lighting, but I only have one plant. I did manage to get a 120w incandecent flood light with reflective dome and a 15w tube Fluorescent bulb with a ballast. My plant is 16'' tall pretty bushy. It's in a 3ft tall area. Any advise would be awesome.

alright, just switched the 1300lm 120w incandecent bulb out with a 1700lm 26w cfl and kept my fl 15w. Good choice I think. 2600 lumens should be good. Any imput would be great.

yeah that incandecent bulb was wasteing electricity. If you can get you a couple more cfls in the 2700k and 6500k that should do you very well:) the lummens dont mean that much compared to the kelvin rateing:peace:

I would love to have that much lighting, I know it could use it. I'm kinda tight on money right now, but I just now started growing indoors for flowering. I vegged it outdoors. This is my first grow, I'm suprised to even have one that lived. And to my shock, I woke up this morning to start my 12 on and found mold in my soil. I discarded as deep down as I could without bothering the roots and airated the soil the best I could hopefully that will keep my baby safe.
GEDC2029.JPG

I've been searching for light splitters at local warehouse store websites to do some pricing and I can't find them anywhere can anyone help? greatly appreciated.:peace:

I noticed that as well in the picture. I acted just the way you discribed. I wanted to learn it's tolerence so I didn't go full with the bloom nutes. She's looking better now, thanks for the heads up.
Happy growing.:peace:

Cool deal. As for mold on your soil Try using some perlite in the soil. It will help with drainage and prevent such things. It also gives roots some air and the plants a bit of silica for stronger bigger stems.

I know you said you are tight on money butt youll definitely want 2-4 florescent CFL bulbs along the sides imho.

Typically the normal 23 watt flouro screw in bulbs you find at the 99 cent store are either 2700 kelvin or 3000K rating. 2700K is slightly better but either should be nice for flowering. You can get a 4 pack of them or at least a 2 pack for 1 buck.

Back
Top Bottom