Do I need to run my inline fan in vegatative stage If my temps aren't an issue?

StayLowKeyBro

Do I still need to run my inline fan if my temperatures are in the right range in veg? I know you need to get fresh air into the tent but couldn't I just open a couple of the tent's vents on the side so fresh air could get in while running a small oscillating fan in the tent for the babies. Going to put a humidifier in the tent too keep the humidy up. It's cold where I live so that's why I'm asking and I'll only be running 250 watts with the ballast for the start of veg so it shouldnt get that hot to begin it. Thanks for reading, I hope I don't have to turn the inline fan on during the start of veg

The fan controls odor, heat and humidity, If odor is not a prob then sure you can stop it, it will also drive up humidity. You can install a thermostat on your fan and it will vent automatically when it gets too hot. If odor is a problem and you need to run it 24/7 particularly in flower, you can put a speed control on the fan to slow it down. If you have a carbon filter, you can recycle some if not all the heat to control ambient temps and humidity in the room where tent is located.

I only run my fan in veg tent when light is on to help control temps ( I run 18/6 ) otherwise it drops the temps too much in dark cycle. At the moment they're on the one timer and all seems fine. My flower tent fan and filter is running constantly but I run a thin line panel heater on a thermostat inside tent to maintain around 22 degrees Celsius in lights out time and it sits around 28 degrees Celsius during lights on.
Cheers n Peace

Back
Top Bottom