Do not do this with hydroponics

Perfect Sun LED

I just lost my clones growing in hydroponics. This is what not to do.

Don't buy a cheap PH meter. They break easily. If you do, be sure to buy a back up, i.e. own two at a time. PPM meter is not nearly as important. If your PH meter breaks, and you try to use one made for soil, don't. They read incorrectly. They suck. My cheap PH meter broke, so I used the drops and color thing, and a soil PH meter. I thought my PH was around 5.5-6, but nope. Once my good PH meter showed, up $40 or more, I saw my Ph was actually 4. It was too late then. The roots, which were nice and white and fluffy and so awesomely big, turned brown, with this stick shit on them like resin. I mean I could roll it into a ball like resin, Felt like I could smoke it after it dried.

Leaves started going yellow, stems purple. Stems purple is usually from toxic build up, which might have been the case do to the very low PH.

DON'T use a cheap PH meter, and if you do, make sure to own two at all times because one will break, and when it does replace it right away. Or skip all that crap and buy a good quality one. Be sure to have at least a cheap one for back up.

2. Wash your hands before you inter the grow room. Wash all tools. If you need to stick your hand in the res or tub or any water that will touch the plants, then make sure to wash your hands.

3. Use a think contrainer that doesn't let light in for where your roots are growing, for example a tote. If it lets light in, then cover it with mylar or paint it with flat-white house paint.

4. Put some peroxide in your res or tote.

I learned from my hydro mistakes. Right now I am doing a grow of coco, perlite, and some other stuff until my new clones are ready for hydro. Going to time it so that the clones will be ready to veg as the plants growing in coco are finished.

I am going to feed them with hydroponic nutrients and flush them every 10 days.

Buy a good PH meter. Have another for back up. It's so important. I thought, well, one should be fine. I could just rely on test strips, drops while I wait for a new one to arrive. Nope. Bad idea on my part. Sucks. Had to kill them all. All dead. All my fault.

I would show you a picture of the dead, but it's just sad.

I've been using just the from the beginning they seem to work ok. but Im interested in finding out exactly what my ph is at. I have always kept it yellow, at what I think is 6.0 ph. from all the material i've read, 6 is seems safest and pretty much right down the middle on all accounts for most nute intake.

Back
Top Bottom