Do Trichs Always have a Clear Period?

Deadman

Hi,

New here and relatively new to growing. The plant in question is an accidental cross of Easy Rider and Low Rider, so I guess it's Easy 2x to Low in heritage. She's about 3 1/2 months old and is flowering mightily. She has a "stank" that's well beyond her mother! Since she began flowering just a couple of weeks ago and all the pistils are still really feathery and bright white, why are the trich's cloudy already? The buds are coated with crystals, but even looking at a brand new budding site, the trich's look cloudy under 40x scope. Can a plant skip the clear trich stage? I hate the body reactions and on my first grow took buds at 1/2 clear and 1/2 cloudy and I still get some unpleasant physical sensations on the way back down (kinda jerky and tight chest, heart palps). I'm probably the only person to want less potency, but my body tolerance is a lot lower than my head's... So I guess that poses a second question. Is the physical reaction just me, is it a harvest time thing, or should I try a different strain?

Thanks for any help.
The Deadman

Hi,New here and relatively new to growing. The plant in question is an accidental cross of Easy Rider and Low Rider, so I guess it's Easy 2x to Low in heritage. She's about 3 1/2 months old and is flowering mightily. She has a "stank" that's well beyond her mother! Since she began flowering just a couple of weeks ago and all the pistils are still really feathery and bright white, why are the trich's cloudy already? The buds are coated with crystals, but even looking at a brand new budding site, the trich's look cloudy under 40x scope. Can a plant skip the clear trich stage? I hate the body reactions and on my first grow took buds at 1/2 clear and 1/2 cloudy and I still get some unpleasant physical sensations on the way back down (kinda jerky and tight chest, heart palps). I'm probably the only person to want less potency, but my body tolerance is a lot lower than my head's... So I guess that poses a second question. Is the physical reaction just me, is it a harvest time thing, or should I try a different strain?Thanks for any help.
The Deadman

My opinion, I don't think a plant skips the clear stage, that's where it starts is my understanding of it. So if your first grow, you harvested when trichs were half cloudy and half clear and you got a couch lock reaction? I guess it would depend on the strain. I have harvested like that before too but had more of a heady high than a lock. Why not try different strains? Maybe you need a strain that has a low percentage of thc? Just a thought....

Check this out for info on different strains...

Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews - 420 Magazine

Thanks for responding, Your Highness! Your points are well taken and I've been looking thru reviews of different stains both here and on seedbank sites. There are a couple from Mandala that specifically say they have very little "racy heart" and a smooth re-entry (The Eagle has landed!). Chill-Om and Kalichakra seems worth a try. Are you familiar with them?

On the question of the trich color, I have a theory based on the seasons. Since I found this little lady sprouting in a pot I had harvested in October, she spent her childhood and adolescence in the basement during the winter under CFL's. It was kinda chilly, but she grew bushy and strong and deep green. As it's gotten a little warmer during the day, I put her out till sunset, but it's still not summer warm. What I'm thinking is that since the trichs usually cloud just prior to harvest (with Easy Rider that turned out to be October), maybe it's the chill in the air that's causing the cloudy trichs so early. Maybe she thinks it's getting cold already and is speeding up the maturation process for self-presevation... I keep trying to explain this to her, but you know teenagers!

Anyway, thanks again for your input. It IS appreciated and I'll take your advice and try some different strains. I guess I'm just a little high-strung to begin with. So looking in the Med stuff may help as they're bred for specific characteristics.

Peace,
The Deadman

Thanks for responding, Your Highness! Your points are well taken and I've been looking thru reviews of different stains both here and on seedbank sites. There are a couple from Mandala that specifically say they have very little "racy heart" and a smooth re-entry (The Eagle has landed!). Chill-Om and Kalichakra seems worth a try. Are you familiar with them?

No problem Deadman, it's what I do. No, I am not familiar with these strains but I will look into it. I am trying to get some good strains going as mother plants. I am still a novice grower on my 3rd grow. Who still gets excited by learning something new.

On the question of the trich color, I have a theory based on the seasons. Since I found this little lady sprouting in a pot I had harvested in October, she spent her childhood and adolescence in the basement during the winter under CFL's. It was kinda chilly, but she grew bushy and strong and deep green. As it's gotten a little warmer during the day, I put her out till sunset, but it's still not summer warm. What I'm thinking is that since the trichs usually cloud just prior to harvest (with Easy Rider that turned out to be October), maybe it's the chill in the air that's causing the cloudy trichs so early. Maybe she thinks it's getting cold already and is speeding up the maturation process for self-presevation... I keep trying to explain this to her, but you know teenagers!

That is a very interesting point. I mean how did the pioneers and indians know when to harvest? They were spoiled like us with all the nutrients and gadgets. I like your thinking!!

Anyway, thanks again for your input. It IS appreciated and I'll take your advice and try some different strains. I guess I'm just a little high-strung to begin with. So looking in the Med stuff may help as they're bred for specific characteristics.

High strung? Then wouldn't you want something that mellows you out and maybe make you a little stuck? I would think heady or energetic strains would have you either bouncing off the walls or on a serious cleaning binge...lol....Btw, like the handle, it reminds of one of my fave wrestlers. Good luck on your journey for the right strain.

Back
Top Bottom