Does coughing get you higher?

<cough><cough>
<deep breath>
<COUGH>
<breath>
<cough>

Damn, wasted the smoke. Need another hit.

:roorrip:

So, I guess that it might get you higher. But its not fun, so I avoid it.

Try to practice using your full lungs capacity, like an opera singer or a swimmer.

I believe that coughing gets you higher, its a sign of your lungs being irritated so the tissue will accept the THC. My favorite is to swallow the hit, 2-30minutes later the burp of weed smoke.

I think its just another smoking ritual and dose'nt get you significantly higher, of course rituals are important to smoking weed it helps your mind relax and brings it into a familiar headspace.

Coughing makes my lungs hurt.

it may feel like it for the time being but I don't think it actually gets you higher.

I don't think it really gets you higher either. I read the same as ashee did: coughing appears to get you higher because it causes a spike in blood pressure in your head. I also read that this can speed the cannabinoids across the blood-brain barrier. But I think it's just rushing you to fully stoned faster. I don't think you actually peak higher.

I also read that some of the gases you inhale are still interacting with each other when they reach your lungs, and some react to form a larger volume of gas than both original gases added together. Apparently this leads to 'expando' effects, because the volume of gas actually is increasing without inhaling. I'm sure that leads to a large percentage of coughing.

I need to get my sources in order so that I can properly cite them. Heaven knows I have a bunch of books on the topic. I just wish I could find them in searchable format.

:nicethread:Yeah i would asume the lack of oxygen making you more light headedwith the added highness of whatever you just toked on mixed together could confuse someone

No confusion, the lack of oxygen with the added THC sometimes makes my ears ring and the lights go dim for a second or two after a good hack attack! No better feeling than oh well maybe....

No confusion, the lack of oxygen with the added THC sometimes makes my ears ring and the lights go dim for a second or two after a good hack attack! No better feeling than oh well maybe....

i agree sometimed my ears do ring! but other times they get itchy lol

L8nightskunk you're right first they ring then they itch! lolWake, Bake, and Hack! No better way tooo gooo!

Its funny cause i feel that sometimes if the weed aint that good a good cough will inhance the effect. Yeah sometimes you get that headache that goes away as soon as it comes. but its all a side effect thats worth the high

Aww Willow that's really not true. I get off all the time without coughing. However, this morning (and the only time all day I smoked) after cleaning my bowl a little bit and crumbling my hashish and a little green, I got one of those huge hits that you feel expanding right away, and blew out a long stream of smoke and coughed at the end. Well, yeah...talk about a trip. I swear I was praying to God after that one. Thought I was on the way out. Freaked out paranoid tripping balls, so to speak. I came through OK, though. Had a great day. :)

what about a bong rip so big you sweat? and get really hot. what is the cause of this?

i also really like a good head rush from a rip. what is the cause of this?

i try and take a hit so big a cough every time. just ritual

i remember being young and taking a huge blast , and coughing for ten minutes and gettin up after and being like wow thats why i smoke weed.
its deffinitly not the cough that gets you high. its being lightheaded from coughing.

Back
Top Bottom