Doobzilla X's Indoor Coco LED Grow - White Widow & BubbleGum - 2015

>>
dawn antibacterial soap
>>

I hope you know what you're doing! Don't kill the beneficial micro organisms.
I once had a bug problem (back then when I used crappy soil that was infested with fungus gnats) and people didn't even necessarily recommend to use "all natural" insecticide soap. It can be that dawn would be way too harsh, especially anti-bacterial one. Just my $0.02

>>
dawn antibacterial soap
>>

I hope you know what you're doing! Don't kill the beneficial micro organisms.
I once had a bug problem (back then when I used crappy soil that was infested with fungus gnats) and people didn't even necessarily recommend to use "all natural" insecticide soap. It can be that dawn would be way too harsh, especially anti-bacterial one. Just my $0.02

No. I don't know what I'm doing with everything, but I'm sure Zayna's damage was there long before she touched dawn. She has been growing with reduced Although I am looking into a more natural insecticide with me going into flower but I see that even "organic" sprays are not that safe. I only applied it once and did a pretest on a leaf prior. I've done one application and rinsed them down after, they seemed to like that. I haven't noticed anything since but i'm not taking chances either. Thanks for the input tho, I will keep that in mind before I use that again.

It's good to see you got a grow journal. I will have to stop by and see how you are doing!

++Mini-Mini Update Week 6++
Temp: 78.6F
RH: 53%
Notes:

I sent off for some Sierra Natural Science 217. I rinsed them with warm water today. Nothing else.
I clipped some leaves that were laying over cola sprouts so every possible bud gets some light.
Installing carbon filter + inline fan and running sample test.
light timer ready. 12/12 Will start tonight @ 6pm CST here.
running both MarsHydro 300w LEDs.
will update once I am done and in flower!

I almost have the exact same set up your using as well I'm just a few weeks behind you.

300W LED
3 Gal Smart Pots
3x2x5 Tent
Coco/Perlite/Hydroton mix
Temps 70F-77F
Humidity 40-55%
DynaGrow Foliage Pro/Bloom
CaliMagic
RhinoSkin
Super Thrive
PH- 5.8-6.2

1x White Widow
1x Super Silver Haze

Nice setup and looking pretty good!! Just remember and I learned this the hard way that coco coir is NOT soil so don't treat it like soil. It's a different form of Hydroponics and the roots need to stay wet and have nutrients available when the plant needs them. I have my pots slightly elevated with cookie drying racks and I water/light feed everyday sometimes twice a day until 20-30% run off and I'm seeing explosive healthy results. Keep it up though your not doing to bad.

Are you watering/light feeding your ladies every single day? If your not you should be while using coco.

I almost have the exact same set up your using as well I'm just a few weeks behind you.

300W LED
3 Gal Smart Pots
3x2x5 Tent
Coco/Perlite/Hydroton mix
Temps 70F-77F
Humidity 40-55%
DynaGrow Foliage Pro/Bloom
CaliMagic
RhinoSkin
Super Thrive
PH- 5.8-6.2

1x White Widow
1x Super Silver Haze

Nice setup and looking pretty good!! Just remember and I learned this the hard way that coco coir is NOT soil so don't treat it like soil. It's a different form of Hydroponics and the roots need to stay wet and have nutrients available when the plant needs them. I have my pots slightly elevated with cookie drying racks and I water/light feed everyday sometimes twice a day until 20-30% run off and I'm seeing explosive healthy results. Keep it up though your not doing to bad.

Thanks Bdub420, I definitely found out that Coco ain't soil, but fortunately White Widow seems to be a very forgiving strain. That being said I am WAY more aggressive with watering and nutes that I was during veg. Learning Nutes has been hit or miss for a while, but I think now I have it down(or at least think I do), plus snatching up a ppm meter has been a huge help. Still learning but as I enter the 2nd week of flower I'm pretty confident about finishing and learning from this grow.

My set up is just like yours just need to buy lights now good luck with this

Thanks Epicxr,

Not sure which lights you were thinking of going with but if you're short on cash and want some nice lights I would recommend "Mars Hydro" LEDs. I got 2 300w lights for an excellent price and so far they have handled the job. They do get warm so plan on venting hot air out. Good luck to you too!

Update for Week 7(End of Vegging) and Week 8(Start of Flower)
Temp: 78.1F
RH: 48%
Last Water PH: 5.8
Water PPM: 727 + 200(Water)

Notes:

Well I finally made it to flower!! Not out of the woods yet though. I ended up extending the veg cycle a week due to some issues getting ventilation setup and going but I do have it going! running a Ventech 4" inline fan + 4" Carbon filter combo. I also picked up a fan speed controller and some ducting, clamps, metal tape, etc. So far everything is running smoothly. I am using passive intake and since the tent is sucked in now I am thinking I got the right amount of negative pressure. The best sign it's working? No smell! The temps are ranging around 77-78 degrees, a full 12 degrees lower than without the fan. Humidity has been drastically reduced too! To help control humidity I have a dehumidifier is use in the room. That combined with the inline fan has made a huge difference.
IMG_20150828_1750031.jpg

As far as the Calcium deficency, It is a work in progress that is getting better. less spotting on Zayna and all of the ladies are taking to the nutes just fine now. As I mentioned in my reply to Bdub420, Watering/feedings are more aggressive. All in all I am happy with the way things have started for flower. It was slow getting things together, but now that I have them in bloom I am starting to work on adding a veg tent for future strains. I would say that will be closer to the 4th week of bloom, but by then I want to add one and get ready for my next grow which will be a trio of autos! Thanks to everyone that stopped by or answered my annoying questions, next update will be sooner, promise!

IMG_20150831_174043.jpg
IMG_20150903_145112.jpg
IMG_20150903_145407.jpg
IMG_20150903_145435.jpg
IMG_20150831_174039.jpg
IMG_20150903_145311.jpg
IMG_20150831_174030.jpg
IMG_20150903_145419.jpg
IMG_20150831_174023.jpg
IMG_20150831_174001.jpg

Let's Recap-Cause it's been awhile...

When we last left off, I was almost two weeks into flower. As of me writing this I am in week four. I'm providing a little recap here for those interested. I will update today and try to get in a couple more updates a week now that I'm on a set schedule at work and know what I have time for. Over the last 2 weeks the ladies have begin growing their buds and maturing. The aggressive watering and nutes continues as well. Temps have been under control @ 77F and RH has been around 55%. The SNS 217C I used from Sierra worked wonders, however I think those little suckers maybe trying to make a comeback. I will detail all of that in the update. As I mentioned I have continued using Dynagro Bloom at full dose along with the Cali-Mag Pro and Protekt. PPM has been @ 1150. PH has stayed steady @ 5.8 and I find myself using little to no ph up or down in my water. The ladies are budding nicely, and growing!! Zayna has taken over the tent officially and its been a fight for elbow room cause she simply overshadows Jayna and Gogo. I will have pics from yesterday and today included with the update to show off. I know I have a long way to go but I feel good right now about the way things are going and want to finish strong. Update coming later this evening!! Bye for now.

Update and a Correction: Week Four of Bloom Sept 17-24th
My apologies about the week mixup. The last update listed a week 7 and week 8. Vegging ended in week 6 which was Aug 26th. Flower stage began later that eve on the 27th. The schedule I am using has the weeks listed as:

Week 1-Aug 27th - Sept 3rd
Week 2-Sept 3rd - 10th
Week 3-Sept 10th - 17th
Week 4-Sept 17th - 24th
Week 5-Sept 24th - Oct 1st
Week 6-Oct 1st - 8th
Week-7-Oct 8th - 15th(Nutrients end)
Week-8-Oct 15th - 22nd(Flush)

That schedule isn't written in stone but a estimate on a target harvest date. It will still come down to whenever the plants are ready.
As of this post I am in Week 4 of Flower and the stats are current as of this evenings 5:15pm CST watering.

Temp: 75.2F
RH: 58%
Last Water PH: 5.7
Water PPM: 1190

Notes:

It has been pretty hectic since I started back working so I decided to squeeze a small recap to catch up anyone who has been subbed to this journal/ I appreciate your patience. As I mentioned in the recap post I think I may not be out of the woods yet with my mite problem. It has been quiet until ear;y this morning when I went to check on the ladies I noticed a small piece of webbing on one of Zaynas leaves. I ordered another pouch of SNS 217C and plan on investing in a large amount of concentrate just for these moments.
Speaking of Zayna she is a beast! She has easily passed 3 feet and I have had to move the lights to adjust with her height. Jayna has remained short and Gogo has passed her but she still isn't quite tall as Zayna. The exhaust/cooling system is working like a charm!
The temps have remained within the 75-79F range with the lights on. I haven't noticed a spike of any sorts with the light bill so honestly I'm happy. Nutrients are being used on a regular basis. Other than that right now everything is quiet. I will be back with another update soon so enjoy the pics and thanks for stopping by!

IMG_20150918_134010.jpg
IMG_20150918_134532.jpg
IMG_20150903_145112.jpg
IMG_20150918_133840.jpg
IMG_20150918_134102.jpg
IMG_20150918_133717.jpg
IMG_20150918_134532.jpg
IMG_20150918_134005.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom