Doobzilla X's Indoor Coco LED Grow - White Widow & BubbleGum - 2015

Update: End of Week 3/ Beginning Week 4

Well, so far so good, the ladies have taken off nicely in my opinion. I'm pretty happy with myself and the work I have put in so far.Th e Coco Coir Brick by Cocogro finally showed up so I setup my BD X Bubblestrain in it's new permanent home.

C360_2015-08-03-21-24-44-096.jpg

C360_2015-08-03-21-32-14-403.jpg

C360_2015-08-03-23-26-29-930.jpg

Not an expert but those roots don't look bad at all.
C360_2015-08-03-23-26-43-877.jpg

Finally in her new home. So as of last evening I have (3) 3 Gallon Fabric Pots running 24/0 under one 300 watt MarsHydro LED.
C360_2015-08-03-23-31-13-976.jpg

Temp:84.7F RH:62% Notes: Watered the Plants this eve. No Nutes, just plain water.
C360_2015-08-05-20-49-18-860.jpg
C360_2015-08-05-20-49-07-553.jpg
C360_2015-08-03-21-27-51-641.jpg
C360_2015-08-03-21-30-11-319.jpg
C360_2015-08-03-21-29-39-648.jpg
C360_2015-08-03-21-30-16-098.jpg

Upcoming:
More Clay pebbles to finish pots
Carbon filter talk
Prepping for Flower

Update Week 5-White Widow Twins(Zayna & Jayna)
Update Week 4-BD X Bubblegum (Gogo)

Temp:82.2
RH: 64%

Notes:

Dynagro Protekt came in and I used it with the last feeding which had only water, no nutes.

leaves are yellowing on Zayna at the very bottom. I notice the tips too seem bleached. Jayna is growing short and bushy. A leaf or two on the bottom are showing the yellowing.

Also ordered my Carbon filter, A Ventech 190 CFM inline and 4in Carbon filter Combo. Also ordered 4x8' flexible ducting.

Looks like the time is getting close. I know these white widows are feminized but not sure about them being autos. The Black Domina x Bubblegum is from speed and has a fast flower time, but doesn't say auto anywhere.

What should I be looking for right now? Since I have been running a 24/0 light schedule, should I gradually begin adding darkness? Any thoughts on the leaves?
IMG_20150812_162842.jpg
IMG_20150812_162519.jpg
IMG_20150812_162351.jpg
IMG_20150812_162707.jpg
IMG_20150812_162611.jpg
IMG_20150812_162147.jpg
IMG_20150812_162250.jpg
IMG_20150812_161752.jpg
IMG_20150812_161654.jpg
IMG_20150812_161644.jpg

Looking great!

When you are seeing yellowing and burnt tips. Keep your primary focus on the new growth. The low hanging growth will die and fade off first before the rest. Some burnt tips are also a good sign. Just the tips.

They look great though. Just keep an eye on the new growth and ensure its coming in healthy

Looking great!

When you are seeing yellowing and burnt tips. Keep your primary focus on the new growth. The low hanging growth will die and fade off first before the rest. Some burnt tips are also a good sign. Just the tips.

They look great though. Just keep an eye on the new growth and ensure its coming in healthy

Thanks Pigeons, I know these babies are gonna take me through a roller-coaster til harvest. Thirty days has officially passed and I have ran into a mini dilemma. I've found out the Norton White Widows are not Autos so they will need to be forced into flower. When is a good time for that? However my BD x Bubblegum is an Auto and with me running a 24 hour cycle up to this point can I make the change to 12/12 right away or should I wait another week or two? Will the 12/12 affect any of the plants? I was thinking about just gradually introducing all of the ladies to the dark with a 20/4 then 12/12 light schedule. Still using one light and carbon scrubber/fan is on its way. Smell is faint, but there so I know they will be installing that right away. By that time I'll be moving the lights up and adding the second Mars hydro LED. Will also add a fractional amount of nutes to the next watering, and do exactly what you suggested keep an eye on the new growth!

Auto flowering will flower at anytime on there own. Switch to 12/12 at anytime.

Consider switching your photo periods over to 12/12 when there about 12" high. She'll grow to be about 3' all said and done.

It's really up to you when to switch a photo period girl over. Some people want huge plants. Some people like them smaller. It's up to you. But the autos will do their own thing. So put them on 12/12 when they start to flower

Auto flowering will flower at anytime on there own. Switch to 12/12 at anytime.

Consider switching your photo periods over to 12/12 when there about 12" high. She'll grow to be about 3' all said and done.

It's really up to you when to switch a photo period girl over. Some people want huge plants. Some people like them smaller. It's up to you. But the autos will do their own thing. So put them on 12/12 when they start to flower

Thanks! I measured all three and of course Zayna takes the lead at 14", Jayna is 9" and Gogo believe it or not has caught up with Jayna and is just under 9". She has done well catching up.

I got up this morning however and noticed that Zayna was not very happy. a little droopy and had some more bright green/ yellow leaves, still near the bottom. I picked her up and noticed her pot was super light like she was never fed. the other two were okay so I just watered Zayna cause she seemed like she really needed it! hoping she will recover quickly. I added Protekt and very light nutes and PH'ed the water to 5.9. I'm also picking up a TDS/PPM meter to add to my tool bag as well. I will be doing an update today later and posting pics.

Nice heights!

Zanya was definitely in need of water. Typically when you walk into the grow room and you see droopy leaves. That's a good sign of a thirsty girl. Focus attention on the higher growth but keep an eye on the yellowing of the lows.

I have no experience with those nutes so I don't know what to say about how to dose. But a PPM meter will help!

Mini Update: Week 5
Temp:83.5
RH:60%

Notes:
Zayna seems to have recovered from the serious droopage she had from underwatering. Her pot was super light compared to GoGo and Jayna's pots. I watered her that morning with a mix of water, a small dash of nutes, cali-mag, and protekt. Zayna has grown to 15 1/2" in height.

Jayna the short bushy wonder has had less issues than her big sis even though she is almost half a foot shorter. Her leaves look good and I see the start of some nice pre-budding in the works. Jayna is just short of 10" in height.

GoGo my BD x BubbleGum strain has taken to her new home nicely! She didn't even seem fazed and those roots have shot right through the fabric of the pot. Not just hers, Jayna and Zayna's pots both show root tips breaking through as well. Water PH has been consistent @5.8-6.0. Picking up a soil ph tester, and my ppm meter is on the way.

I will be setting up the second LED light and beginning flower stage once my filter and inline fan get in. I went with the Ventech 4" inline fan/filter combo from Ebay, and picked up some flex ducting too.

++Grow Journal Update Week 6++
Temp:81.1
RH:54%
PPM @ time of last watering:471
PH @ time of last watering:5.9

Plant Condition Notes:
Zayna: Possible Calcium deficiency/Insect damage- Have not ruled out either. Have upped Calimag back to full dosage for next couple watering s just to make sure. Using a homemade insecticide made up of cooking oil, dawn antibacterial soap and warm water and them rinse them down. Hopefully that will help.

Jayna: Feeling Fine
Gogo: Feeling Fine
Nutrients: Dynagro Foliage Pro, Bloom- Half dosage
Dynagro Protekt- Full dosage

Notes:

As I mentioned above my biggest and technically oldest baby Zayna is in some trouble. Right now from my research I think it is a Calcium deficiency so I increased CaliMag Pro back to full usage. I think my mistake was cutting back the Calcium along with the nutes so right now I keep the nutes at half strength and use Calimag and Protekt @ full dosage to see if it helps. I see small white bugs on the leaf at least one now so I know insects are here, not sure of the extent so I'm using the homemade reellnet I found here til I can get a hold to something better. Suggestions?

Jayna and Gogo are awesome. I will definitely try to do some Autos before Christmas. Gogo has me sold on them so far. I have purchased and received my inline fan, carbon filter and fan speed controller and some ducting and metal tape + clamps. I am think I want this to suck the hot air out of the tent and pass through the filter and then out into my room. Last thing I have to do before flowering begins, they are ready, they're waiting on me!

Here is Zayna:
leaves breaking off all over, I barely touch em..

IMG_20150823_211227_1_.jpg

more pics:
IMG_20150823_211350_1_.jpg
IMG_20150823_211342_1_.jpg
IMG_20150823_211313_1_.jpg

Jayna and Gogo:
WP_20150820_026.jpg
WP_20150820_024.jpg
WP_20150820_022.jpg
WP_20150820_009.jpg
WP_20150820_012.jpg
IMG_20150812_162611.jpg
IMG_20150812_162519.jpg

Thanks Pigeons420,

I'm sure that is what I was thinking also. CaliMag and Nutes were both reduced on all plants and with Zayna she just drinks more. So while the dosage didn't effect Jayna and Gogo it really hit her hard. I feel good going into flower so by 6pm this eve they will see darkness for the first time! Got up early on my day off to setup my fan/filter and run some soil tests so I will be on here back and forth. I gotta stop by and check you out I been so busy with the ladies and the new job that I haven't had a chance to stop by!

No worries my friend! Make sure you check out the contests this month ;)

I had a tough time with my flower bomb kush this time around because she did not respond well to my nutrients. I gave her the same as everything else and she did not like that. I spent half of her vegging life and all of her flowering life trying to get her to rebound. But she never has.

Amazing how some strains take well and others say "Fuck no" haha

No worries my friend! Make sure you check out the contests this month ;)

I had a tough time with my flower bomb kush this time around because she did not respond well to my nutrients. I gave her the same as everything else and she did not like that. I spent half of her vegging life and all of her flowering life trying to get her to rebound. But she never has.

Amazing how some strains take well and others say "Fuck no" haha

I totally agree with that. I will be changing nutes next grow. I was playing cheap trying to go with this instead of "Rock" or "Fox Farms" but that doesn't mean Dynagro is at fault here. Its on me because she wasn't getting the Cal/Mag she needed. That is a learning experience I will chalk up and make the best of it. I have by no means given up on her so I'm hoping I can get this back on track going into flowering.

Back
Top Bottom