Drip system

Herbivore

Hi, I'm planning on getting some outdoor stuff going this summer. I think there is going to be a bout a week where I am away. I was wondering if theres any drip system I could cook up that doesn't involve electricity. Any ideas are appreciated thanks.:peace:

to tell you more we would need to know more. Is there power or a water supply near by? Is it a pressurized system? Would you be using a bucket of water? A car battery and inverter with a pump can be used. A water hose from a city supply or well could be used with the battery operated timer. Where there's a will there's a way. What do you need and what do you already have to work with?

thanks so much guys, real brilliant ideas. I havent gotten my stuff together yet. But my plan is a couple hundred plants, gonna have no power. Was thinking pump water to large containers. Hook up the drip system to those containers with the battery operated valve thing. Just put the bucket on a mound or something and have it water all the plants daily with gravity power. I would just go up every couple weeks to add fert/change solution when flowering starts. Sound reasonable? Also i was thinking of starting off the plants in small pots and when they outgrow the pots planting them in the ground and letting nature do its thing.

It's a battery operated water timer. The one I have has garden hose atachments on it. One female for water in and one male for water out. I used it for a outdoor drip set up. I used 1 gallon per hour drippers. 2 drippers per plant incase one plugs up all won't be lost. I set the water timer for the 15 minute setting so each plant got a half gallon each. I ran one large poly line and two 1/4 inch tubing lines off the main line to each plant with the 2 drippers off them. I watered in the morning right at sun up. I started out in the afternoon/evening but realized that the sun on the hose heated the water and screwed up the plants with a warm to hot feedings. If you decide to bury tubing make sure it's at least 5 inches or more below the surface to avoid sun heat as much as possible. With as many plants as your talking your going to need a lot of water which means huge or a lot of containers and a lot of drip lines. Most plants I did was 34 and I had 2 lines feeding 8 and 2 lines feeding 9. I used regular well water and only water as I only did it for them to survive a week while I was gone racing.

Back
Top Bottom