Drooping leaves

taz-n-tn

hello this my first attempt at growing and my babies are a little droopy and the round sucker leaves are turning yellow on 4 of the 5 babies the 5th looks fine,

they are bag seeds
they are in MG organic mix
in solo cups with 2 drain holes per cup
1 week since they broke the surface
only used distilled water
have not added any nutes
under under 4 26/100 cfl's
temp stays around 82 day and 74 night
humidity 43-46
on a 18/6 light cycle

any suggestions would be much appreciated

1st off welcome to our forums. U made a wise decsion to seek knowledge here. We have a wonderful staff that is more than willing to help as they are available. U can click the link (words) "Learn to Post ur Pics Here" in my signature and it will give u step by step directions on how to post pics. Now to your question.
1st off the majority of the community doesn't recommend using Miracle grow soil because it contains time realesed nutrients with no way of monitoring how much of what your plant are getting. So for no just water. W/out a pic its hard to say. The round leaves are called cotyledons. These are the 1st set of leaves on a plant from seed. Its normal for them to yellow and die as they are shaded by new growth. If this is ur only concern I think ur ok. Take a look at this in the interim and see if any of the leaves look like any of these>Plant Abuse Chart

thanks for the info on uploading

here is a pic
IMG_04331.JPG

HI,
The last few days I've noticed that my plants leaves are drooping during the last 4-hours of the light cycle. This is different from the typical night droop. They are fine all day until the last 4-hours (18/6) and pop up at the beginning of the cycle in the morning and seem fine all day otherwise. Here are the details. Hopefully this will help:

-Growing Jock Horror Auto's in 5 gallon pots (Soil).
-Grow room is 2x4x7
-Temp average is 77.6 but can vary from 76 to 79 degrees
-RH is at average of 49%
-400w HPS currently 20" above plants. It's been recommended that auto's stay at 18/6.
-2 oscillating fans. One blowing right above plants the other is above the light.
-I know they are not over/under watered.
-I'm at day 45 from seed and a little over a week into flowering.

This has got to be stressing the plants, but I can't figure out what the cause is. I started the light at 24" and gradually moved it down until they started to show heat stress then gradually moved it to 20" and that seems to be good during the rest of the day. I can post a pic tomorrow. Right now I'm in night cycle

Any ideas out there?

Back
Top Bottom