Droopy cotyledons

zBRiCKz

So my shoreline broke soil yesterday but she's looking a little droopy? I was giving her a few drops of water a day. Should I tone that down for a couple days?

Running FFOF 70% and 30% perlite

image30735.jpg

It's normal for the cotyledons to curl downward, in my experience. You'll probably have to wait for the first true leaves to get bigger before you could discern any problems. It's good that you added perlite to the FFOF though, that should help with drainage. The only issue you MAY see is that some people report that it is too hot (too many nutrients) for seedlings, but that may not be an issue with the added perlite.

It's normal for the cotyledons to curl downward, in my experience. You'll probably have to wait for the first true leaves to get bigger before you could discern any problems. It's good that you added perlite to the FFOF though, that should help with drainage. The only issue you MAY see is that some people report that it is too hot (too many nutrients) for seedlings, but that may not be an issue with the added perlite.

Thanks JoJo! Yeah I saw some people talking about the soil being hot for seedlings so that's what sealed my decision in going 70/30.

Back
Top Bottom