Drying times: How long?

The Holy Mackerel

I was just curious about a couple of different drying time (how long should I hang them) options:

1) Hanging buds in an outdoor shed
2) Hanging buds inside large cardboard boxes

Is there a difference? Should I hang it in a shed at all? Feedback appreciated.

The longer the better 2 weeks works for me some grower go 1 month to be honest the longer the better bud is like wine gets better with age.If you bag or store it to early you will have to let it breath everyday open the jar 2 to 3 times a day to air it out so no mold gets into it.make sure air moves over your bud while drying stay away from damp or humid places.remember light and heat break down THC.so you are looking for a dark cool dry place with air flow.I lay mine on a screen and get some good air moving over and under the bud.rice also helps if you bag to early it will absorb some of the water from the bud.hope i was some help

Shed vs Box

Good info Pit. In a shed. more than likely u'll be hanging the buds high. Its hot and heat rises, something to consider. Ur buds will be out in the open exposed to everything (mold, bugs, dust, etc). I don't know how ne of those things affect drying bud ( I do know mold can get u anytime til its dry). In a box its much easier to manage. If it too hot in one place it can be moved. It can be moved when needed. Air flow is a concern with boxes.Be sure to have holes for air to pass thru as well as open the box once or twice during the day to let stale air and moisture out. Think box for small crop (like a small indoor crop) and shed for outdoor harvest.just depends on the amount of bud and ur preference. I personally like the box. Its more secure and easy to monitor. U can look in my journal and see how I used a box 4 a small harvest. Indoor harvests I only hang to dry 5-10 days. I'd rather have the bud more wet than too dry. I always end up burping jars during a cure like 4-8 times a day as a result. Never had a mold issue. Ideally ur bud is finished drying when the stems snaps or breaks instead of bends when bent. Smell is another factor to consider. Let us know what u decide. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom