Grow Tent Dry/Cure

Okay I am about 3 weeks from harvest, and I am growing in a HomeBox XL. I am curious what is the better drying/curing method. Should I just hang up some string in the tent and hang my buds; or is buying a dry-net a better option?

My first instinct was to get the dry-net because it seems great, just throw it in there with an osilatting fan, vents shut.

I suggest u go with ur first option. If u don't plan on back to back cycles hang lines in the tent. I wrapped duct tape around the perimeter metal posts enough to create s raised area to keep string from sliding down post(s). Then tie ur lines above the tape and hang branches/plants. Leave ur filter and fan connected as well as intake air and it should keep the light out as well as filter unwanted odors. Then U shouldn't smell anything until u manicure (unless U do this b4 hanging to dry). Been there, it'll work fine. With the net u have to turn the buds to promote even drying. Lines u just hang and check every few days til dry to ur liking. Good luck bro.

Okay I am about 3 weeks from harvest, and I am growing in a HomeBox XL. I am curious what is the better drying/curing method. Should I just hang up some string in the tent and hang my buds; or is buying a dry-net a better option?

My first instinct was to get the dry-net because it seems great, just throw it in there with an osilatting fan, vents shut.

Plant Abuse Chart

Enjoy :bong:

Edit: I quoted the wrong message. Ha Ha. I wanted to quote the one where you asked about the leaf pics:oops:

Sorry

No lights!!

I plan to hang strings and dry in the tent. Just keep the air flowing as if you are still growing. If you tent is too cold without the lights on either using a small radiator type heater or kick on some lights.
No lights. Light, heat, and friction are the 3 main contributing factors to THC degradation. At least this is one thing I learned in school.
Who ever said to keep the air circulating in the room was on point. Just don't train the fan(s) directly on the branches/plant/buds. If adding heat, duct it in with fresh air if possible. I've place a space heater in front of the intake ducting and its worked fine in a 9' X 5'.

Ive always hung my babys upside down in a cardbord boxs and dark area. like BWC says it will degradate THC. and hanging upside down promoted even drying and helped curl leafs around the bud makes good looking nugs =)

Cardboard Dy Box

Ive always hung my babys upside down in a cardbord boxs and dark area. like BWC says it will degradate THC.
U mean like this?
triplest_in_dry_box_8-29.JPG

and hanging upside down promoted even drying and helped curl leafs around the bud makes good looking nugs =)
This also dries in a fashion that the buds are better protected from friction and light. The leaves kinda form a protective sheath.

Like your style BWC =) seen your post and went to put paper on the bottom of mine. I've alway had leafs that fell into the bottem of the card board that got hair an dust so no more waste ty. I have a thin cloth that drapes over the box. here was one of mine
05015.jpg

I'm getting close to harvest myself and have decided to go with both ideas at once! I'm going to hang a drying net in my tent. I have a really fluffy cat whose hair will literally float on air and I'm hoping the net will act as another filter to protect from the floating fluff! I'll use both an oscillating fan and a Hepa Filtered Air Cleaner inside the tent. Outside the tent I'll use a carbon filter for the smell and an oil filled radiant heater to keep the room on the warmer side.

Hi Calyx Hunter, Wow!!! I never thought of pet dander (Hair) I have 2 Basset Hounds and 1 cat also so now I got to think about that shit, I also have a HEPA air cleaner that I'll have to put in the room where my tent is and I'm hoping it will take care of any pet problems. so thanks for the thought. I just checked the tricomes and the way things are looking I could start anytime with the harvest so I figure I'll keep them in total darkness all day Sunday then go at them early Monday morning, I flushed the shit out of them for the final time on the 10th. so it will be a go by Monday. but thanks for the pet info.
Good Luck with yours, Peace, Sly57

Good luck on your harvest as well Sly. Post some pics and an update on how you think the extra darkness worked. I'm curious about trying that as well.

Hi Calyx Hunter, Well I have my ladies drying in my Gorilla Grow Tent and there is a 6 inch inline fan running with a speed control on it, that I have set at medium now, my buddy who helped trim the buds had me also put a oscillating fan sitting on the floor well I'm worried that they will dry to fast, he had me place the oscillating fan on high and the inline turned all the way up. WELL I left it there that day then before I went to bed that's when everything got turned down to medium. I'm afraid of drying to fast, I've read about 10~15 days give or take in the grow tent should do it (checking for the stem SNAP) then they should be ready for curing. Last year I dried to fast and I don't want to make that mistake again!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS would be appreciated!!! What do you think about how fast to dry. OH, and for the openings where the air is sucked into the tent I took two square framed sheets of silk screen and covered each intake hole, that should take care of any pet hair entering (???)

This is cool that you are going through this now as I will be in two weeks! This will be my first time drying in my Gorilla Grow Tent and I will be stoked if I can learn anything from your experience Sly. I'm thinking your buddy is on the right track suggesting the oscillating fan. Air movement is critical and you are correct as well not to dry too fast. It's a fine line.

What is your RH% and Temperature like in there?

Have you heard of the Boveda humidipacks? They come in a 62% version and can be used to cure the weed once dried. I got myself some mason jars and medium sized Boveda packs for the cure after the drying is done.

Back
Top Bottom