DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Last time was in the 70s for me as well. Funny, I just watched a couple of TED talks today about psychedelics and shrooms in particular. Studies have been going on and it's pretty interesting as it supports my theories about the ego and human condition. We get stuck in our programmed mindsets because our thinking minds process thru our default neuron pathways established early in life and reinforced as we mature. Shrooms block those neurons causing the brain to make new pathways/connections and it's believed access to the subconscious mind. I may just have to give them at try again!!
Ive been thinking about trying them again but hinedtly im scared because im older now and just dont want to have a bad trip. I do think that in nature or just the rite environment and people that you can most definitely have a spiritual awakening

That would be awesome! I've been thinking more along the line of creating a central database for anecdotal evidences of the effectiveness of different strains by symptom sets associated with different diseases and health issues. I have an idea for how that information can be obtained from individual caregivers, dispensaries, clinics, etc while being of the greatest help to those treating themselves with cannabis. I need people way smarter than I am though to put it together.

Also a network of growers and caregivers to provide tested material to patients in need but either don't have access and can't grow or don't have the money. That would include an underground network for those in illegal states. People are suffering and dying needlessly! It's insane.

I AM working on it. Anyone interested in it from brainstorming to participation might pm me and see where it goes.
I thought they have that already and they have a tester you can buy to measure thc content and all then it uploads all the info into a national database along with smoke reports and comments but its expensive

420-magazine-mobile433972054.jpg

My boveda packs arrived today. Too bad I wasn't paying enough attention when ordering from the rain forest site. I forgot how awful their searches are and how they don't show exactly what you searched for. Is 72% good for anything?

I'd say better than nothing. 72% humidity is still vapable and smokable.

As far as I know, 62% is a number that Boveda came up with based on tests with stoners - empirical testing? To the best of my knowledge, they have not published their test data or anything showing a range of acceptable values. .

After 15 days in the fridge and the humidity staying at 39% all day I went ahead and put AK47 auto into 8 quart mason jars to cure. I weighed her after removing more of the stems and she came in at 138.9 grams or 4.9 ounces. That's about 16% of the harvest weight of 838.3 grams.

20170624_221357.jpg

20170624_224645.jpg

I'll watch the humidity and add the boveda packs if I see it go up. Right now the jars are in a drawer. Should they cure in the fridge also?

Ok thx..

Sues my buddy. I love sue.

:laughtwo: You're too sweet Cannoisseuras. :hug: :love:

I have no problem with any posting that contributed to the ongoing brainstorming. For that matter I don't recall being upset over many posts on any of my threads. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you for that. There a product out there called tCheck that'll tell the THC values of your infused oils too, costing around $300. It's on my wish list. Someday... :dreamy:

:laughtwo: You're too sweet Cannoisseuras. :hug: :love:

I have no problem with any posting that contributed to the ongoing brainstorming. For that matter I don't recall being upset over many posts on any of my threads. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you for that. There a product out there called tCheck that'll tell the THC values of your infused oils too, costing around $300. It's on my wish list. Someday... :dreamy:

i have one of those gizmos..i haven't tried it yet.

After 15 days in the fridge and the humidity staying at 39% all day I went ahead and put AK47 auto into 8 quart mason jars to cure. I weighed her after removing more of the stems and she came in at 138.9 grams or 4.9 ounces. That's about 16% of the harvest weight of 838.3 grams.

20170624_221357.jpg

20170624_224645.jpg

I'll watch the humidity and add the boveda packs if I see it go up. Right now the jars are in a drawer. Should they cure in the fridge also?

:thumb:
if you can try this after theyre dry enough and ready to cure, vacuum seal a few jars and test or compare them this way. Place some cured lo' & 'Slo (fridge) both vacuumed and not, and normal curing room temps with both vacuumed an non vacuumed jars. :)

:thumb:
if you can try this after theyre dry enough and ready to cure, vacuum seal a few jars and test or compare them this way. Place some cured lo' & 'Slo (fridge) both vacuumed and not, and normal curing room temps with both vacuumed an non vacuumed jars. :)

I don't think I have a way to vacuum seal the jars. I'll have a look online and see what I can come up with though. I can for sure try some room temp and some in the fridge lo & slo.

Hey everybody on this great thread! Thanks Dr. Ziggy and thanks Sweet Sue!! Bout to harvest a plant m tired of dealing with her ir he/she throwing bananas. I am at week nine with her and dont want her to do anymore harm to her sisiter that she might have already done. Wondering if i should harvest and put in brown paper grocery bag or put on plastic two liter shelves i got from store. Then put in fridge? Which method do yall think is better? I have a couple testers in my frudge. I have some in a plastic container lid open on day nine i have some in a paper bag and i have two buds clipped and hanging. But they are all small samples nothing like a whole plant. So on a bigger scale what would work better?

Oh and another quick question. When u do the normal dry they say let dry till stems break not bend. What is the method if knowing when to put in jars for the cure in the fridge? And is there a optimal temp setting? I have a fridge that has digital settings goes from 34 to 45. I have it set at 40 right in the middle if the lowest and highest i can have it set. Thanks in advance. I have been spreading this great thread in every journal i follow!!

Just a little "warning" about this product. You can't actually test YOUR cannabis in it. What it does is to compare your cannabis profile, then it looks it up and kinda pull the THC values out from test reports. So you can't actually measure your buds in it, you can figure out what other's have measured them to be in real labaratories.

"After reviewing the Analyzer I found several features that the company said the device could do but didn't actually work or were not actually available yet.Some of her criticisms:

• The results aren't actually the sample you provide but representative of similar strains
  • Her actual lab testing results suggested the MyDx is inaccurate
  • Live plant material can't be tested yet, and many sensors aren't yet available
  • Poor customer service (but great how-to videos)
  • Too expensive for its current capabilities, both the device and the consumables and warranty"

[video=youtube;kPIlablrrKg]
[/video]

This video is getting a little old. So I do not know how well this product works in June 2017. Perhaps some of the issues are resolved by now. I just think you should perhaps check it out a little more before spending all that money on it

Thank you DeVille for being a diligent consumer. Test results for the strains are already available, and have no real bearing on your individual plant material, other than a best guess for the basic terpene and cannabinoid profiles. Look through those test results and you come away with a greater appreciation for the variables inherent in growing, don't you?

If I were going to invest in a testing device it'd be the tCheck, but that will only give you the THC values. I'm interested in so much more than this single molecule.

I have a question for your good folks. Did any of you try out or consider to try out water curing? It looks very interesting. I want to try out the low'n'slow and the water cure on parts of my coming harvest. It's only 3 weeks left now

Back
Top Bottom