Dual Spectrum Deep Water Culture

Did my first grow in that system, only I had my own lights. It's a great way to get started. If your handy you can make your own setup better and cheaper just using materials from Home Depot, WallMarts and Ace hardware. Depending on what lighting you plan on using there are many sponsers here where you can get anything you need. Make sure you read a good bit of the threads here so to get a better idea what your plan will be and the size of your grow / growroom . Good luck Wing King 903 :peace:

That kit is a good way to get started, I learned hydro with it.

I would not waste money on the lights though - you can get CFLs in smaller sizes that seem to do a better job from other grows I've watched and my personal experience.

Or, just skip ahead to a 600 watt HPS if you want big plants... once you learn with that kit, you can build another easily, and the 600 would handle both.

Lots of members have learned on that system or still grow with it... check out the DWC/Deep Water Culture sub forum in the grow room.

I got started on my first indoor grow with that kit and two 85 watt bulbs. I would have built my own, but those dang holes int he lid was my fear. That and getting all the parts. After 8 grows I now write their Training Manuals and Newsletters for them.

Here is my last grow with the kit:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/rosemans-2009-december-harvest.108899/

If you do buy a Kit, use the word Deep Water Culture to get a 10% discount.

I'd build my own, you can upgrade almost everything in that kit for less money then you'd spend on the original. I'd add a bigger air pump with 2 outlets, add another air stone two are better than one, I would also forget the bubblers as it's been easier to just raise the water level and just let the bursting bubbles wet your hydroton. Less fuss and no water pump to raise temps etc. Lights are up to you either go with cfls or an hps. Whatever way you go it's better than paying top dollar for bud when you can grow your own !! :peace:

Hopefully I don't offend anyone. IMO we should try to support the sponsors of this website and our local hydro store instead of that giant store that sells crap. I know there cheap but they are not employee friendly or environment friendly. Please check the sponsors or your local hydro store before you go to these businesses. Just my 2 cents. My local store carries rubbermaid storeage containers. Ask your store to order some.

Hopefully I don't offend anyone. IMO we should try to support the sponsors of this website and our local hydro store instead of that giant store that sells crap. I know there cheap but they are not employee friendly or environment friendly. Please check the sponsors or your local hydro store before you go to these businesses. Just my 2 cents. My local store carries rubbermaid storeage containers. Ask your store to order some.

They are signing up now as sponsors here.

I hope you looked at my DIY Thread, under construction now. I will add a parts list this weekend.

I got started on my first indoor grow with that kit and two 85 watt bulbs. I would have built my own, but those dang holes int he lid was my fear. That and getting all the parts. After 8 grows I now write their Training Manuals and Newsletters for them.

Here is my last grow with the kit:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/rosemans-2009-december-harvest.108899/

If you do buy a Kit, use the word Deep Water Culture to get a 10% discount.

I recently ordered the basic 6 plant kit from them. The Deep Water Culture code didn't work for me so I paid full price :(

im also thinking of getting one to but where can i get my own nutrients and rockwool cubes lowes maybe ??

The rockwool is not at any Lowes ro Home Depot or any normal store, has to come from a Hydroponic store or off the internet.
And there is no substitute for Hydroponic nutrients.

I will post a Parts list and source for purchase here soon:

Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

Here is the site:
SH Hydroponics, Inc.

There is a 10% Discount, to use the word Deep Water Culture or Deep Water Culture as a coupon. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

You can build a kit cheaper, if you can cut the holes and get the parts.

i ordered the kit and am very pleased with the quality but as i thought i could have made this for a small fraction of the cost but a thumbs up on this kit......

Back
Top Bottom