Ducci Design — New Medical Marijuana Garden

Ducci

Hi my name is Ducci; I’m a legal marijuana caregiver in Colorado. I just recently started to do garden designs for my friends & for my business in Colorado.

In the state of Colorado, medical marijuana may only legally be prescribed to those who have what are known to be debilitating illnesses. These types of illnesses include HIV (or AIDS), glaucoma, cancer and others. For those who have qualifying illnesses, their conditions should bring about symptoms that are treatable with marijuana use (such as nausea, pain or seizures).

I’m starting to build my new indoor garden, so planning is everything! I started with measuring the grow space that I had available. I live on some acres with my roommate & I had a garage that we were not using.
The Garage is a large space & in this space I needed to grow 21 large plants (keeping Legal) & a Veg room of 21 plants. This garage is 22’ x 26’ & is 572 SQ FT.

In Colorado you cannot have more than ONE Caregiver growing per ONE Address! But you can have a caregiver and ONE patient growing in the same place. So I designed my garden to do just that! I made a 3 foot bump out in the flower room to accommodate my roommates 3 plants and my 18 plants into one garden (see garden plans).

Planning is a major task that you must undergo with anything you do in life. So I started to layout my plan on paper then used a CAD program to build the plan on my computer. When planning any garden you must think about everything, Airflow, Cooling, CO2, Filters, Light spacing, Etc. When you look at my design I planned for all Electric Outlets, Lighting Outlets, Controls, and Timer Boxes, Airflow for Cooling and Air Conditioning for the garden.

I work with a great Electrician; he up graded the amps at my house to a 200 amp service. Also he wired all my outlets and timer boxes for my lights and another timer for my 12” vortex fan, which pulls the air for the cooling of the lights.

I will have the timer set for 12 hours for my flowering room and another timer for my vortex fan to shut down an hour after my lights shut off. This is why you think everything thru before you start. Having my main fan shut off an hour after my lights is great, because the lights get to cool down before the fan shuts off, which saves you money on the power bill. Another cool feature is that I will have my 2 ½ ton (240 V) A/C be controlled by the Sentinel CHHC-4 Total Environmental Controller. The Window unit A/C stays on all the time and cycles the compressor ON & OFF. This kills your power bill, having your Sentinel CHHC-4 Total Environmental Controller turn ON or OFF you’re A/C will help the power bill. Remember to set the Temp in your controller so that you do not short cycle your compressor for the A/C.

Well that’s where I am right now. Soon I will have the flowering room setup and then I will put up the White/Black plastic in the veg room and hang the light & finish this garden. Stay tuned for more pictures of the progress. So far I have been building this for 7 days.

Thanks for all your comments! Hey Marley15, I would love to do a grow journal as so I can get some time. I have two more legal marijuana gardens to build before the new year!

Once my schedule will allow this time, I will start one. Legal gardens are a big thing in Colorado and everybody is super busy this time of year. This garden I am building now is my personal garden.

Cool.

Whats the plan for ducting on the backside of the AC? did you separate and run individual intake and exhaust for the hot side inside the angled wall?

Cool.

Whats the plan for ducting on the backside of the AC? did you separate and run individual intake and exhaust for the hot side inside the angled wall?

I built it to be a sealed box and I'm getting fresh air from a roof vent. Then I will have a 8" Vortex fan sucking air from the A/C Box over to the exhaust air duct. (see diagram)

I see... youd get better cooling performance (and use less power) isolating the hotsides's intake from the exhaust.
this thread might illustrate what I mean better...
Window AC conversion for an enclosed space

Back
Top Bottom